elite knights - too small? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

elite knights - too small?

Hi guys, recollecting GK and need some advice on army making. The reason i bought a small but elite grey knights for was because it looks cool, but i dont know if the appearace also consitutes a 'good' army. So heres what i have for a 1000 pts army:

1 Grandmaster
    10 Grey knight troops w/storm bolters
    10 Grey knight Terminators (though i think ill probably only use 5 )
    1 Grey knight Dread w/ lascannon and missile launcher

Ill probably induct another army in: either Imperial Guard or Space marines

For guard i have: 20 stormtroopers w/2 plasmas and 2 flamers
    60+ guardsmen :tongue:
    3 russes
    1 hellhound
    2 chimera

Spacemarines: 20 strong assault squad
    30 or so marines armed with boltguns (some plasma cannons and lascannons)
    Predator w/lascannon allround
    2 dread w/ ccw and assault cannon
    5 assault termies
    5 normal termies (sotrm bolters and powerfist)
    10 marines w/ ccw

Suggestions on what to induct or what to remove from the grey knights list are welcome:yes: ..id like this army to be about 1500

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" -Dr. Suess

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

To start your marines and GreyKnights connot be fielded together if you are playing a Daemon Hunters Army. However If you are playing Marines you ally with 2 terminator squads(HQ and Elite) and 3 PAGK (2 troops and 1 fast attack).

I think the Marine route is the way to start, and just use two teleporting squads of GKs, one termie one in power armor, and just stick a few telehomers on your assault squads, and hopefully you will get to move up turn one, drop in turn two while assaulting with the jumpers, and then reassault and end everything on turn three with your GreyKnights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

First off, you need TWO Daemonhunters Troops choices for that to be a legal army. Right now you only have the one.

Second, as nichodemus10 said, you cannot induct Space Marines into your Daemonhunters army if you have Grey Knights in it. The ONLY way to get GK & SM together is to have an SM army with inducted GK (which would prevent you from having that Dreadnought).

Third, you cannot use anywhere near that kind of armor from inducted IG. In fact, the only true tank you can use is 0-1 Leman Russ. No Hellhounds. Chimeras only if you buy them for Platoon command squads or if you use Armored Fists. NO Stormtroopers (which doesn't matter, because you can buy Inquisitorial Stormtroopers as core DH Troops choices).

This is all covered in detail in the Daemonhunter's codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been fighting GK recently, and the unit of his that has hurt me the most are his regular GK. Their storm bolters are annoying, and his close combat is usualy unstoppable.

I would have two smaller squads of stormtroopers, and take the GK as elites and deepstrike them.
    One Shot, One Kill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Wave
    I have been fighting GK recently, and the unit of his that has hurt me the most are his regular GK. Their storm bolters are annoying, and his close combat is usualy unstoppable.

I would have two smaller squads of stormtroopers, and take the GK as elites and deepstrike them.

Actually the GK's that DS are the Fast Attack GK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

That would mean that the list has zero DH troops, making it even MORE illegal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

I was thinking of this (without inducting anything) - this WOULD be a legal army and pur greyknights :tongue:

1 grand master (dont know what to arm it with....suggestions????)
    5 deep striking grey knight termies (again, should i take a incinerator/psycannon - -- - - although they would be pretty useless since im prob gonna be in combat after deepstriking)

5 GK troops(armed with ...... suggestions?)
    5 GK troops ( " )
    1 missile/lascannon dreadnaught

Probably gonna be smallish game...although 17 models is pretty little,,,,even for grey knights:yes:
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" -Dr. Suess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

You can add your stormtroopers and chimeras and just rename them inquisitional, and pump them in as troops...If you buy 2 melta guns for them, you then have some backup if your dread is killed before it can kill the enemies vehicles, and leave plasma for the other squad (because you have them).

If you use this list to accompany the list you just mentioned you are at about 1300. That covers 2 troops (stormies) 1 FA (GreyKnights) 1 Elite (termies) 1 HQ (Grandmaster), and a heavy support (dread) and you have 200 points you can use to induct guardsmen with lascannons, (at which point you may just leave the meltas at home, and bring flammers just because you own them). Just pop some telehomers on your storm troopers and drop you Grey Knights down after any AP 2 and 3 ordblasts, and clean up the rest of the board.

You can buy just what you initially wanted and use the guard that you have until you get more PAGKs because they are hard as nails.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrEaDnAuGhT
    Sorry, thats what I meant
    One Shot, One Kill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a 1000 point GK army do not use terminators. Your basic GK works just fine against almost every enemy. Use him. For the price of a terminator you almost get 2 PAGK. Drop them all and fill up on PAGK. Take a GM (or BC with psycannon) a dreadnought, then the rest as many PAGK as you can.

+ Reply to Thread