Yeah, it's been asked before... but which doctrine suits this more... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Yeah, it's been asked before... but which doctrine suits this more...

Right,
    so I'm lookin at a Paratrooper Company...

abandoning my Light Infantry + Camo experiment because infiltrate gets me in more trouble than i care to admit...

so I'm thinkin limit the number of units that deploy forward, so to speak,
    and thus I'm thinkin either

Drop Troops + Veterans (for the 3 special weapon option, and free infiltrate option)

or

Storm Troopers (for the free weapons upgrade over the vets)

The other Doctrines i figure will be: Sharp Shooters and Carapace (most likely with Close Order Formation)

any suggestions?

(My old organization was: Sharpshooters, Veterans, Camoline, Light Infantry)

yes, i know i don't have 5 doctrines... and in most respects don't see the reason for all 5 yet... (i run infantry heavy)

Pictures of the Smigs Army for your amusement....
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b390/Holy_Smigs/

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women"

"JESUS SAVES! the rest of your models each take a wound."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Actually I think Light Infantry is a very useful doctrine for drop lists. We've discussed it at some length in the "Drop Specialized Units" thread. You just have to be smart about how you use it. Just because you can infiltrate to within a foot or so of your opponent doesn't mean you should do so.

As for other doctrines, Veterans is a must, Close Order Drill is practical since you essentially land in CoD anyway. Drop Troops obviously. The last one is really up to you. Special Weapons Squads are fun. I've never been (and never will be) a fan of Sharp Shooters or Carapace Armor, so I wouldn't recommend either one.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Not sure if you think it would fit you fluff-wise, but I agree about close order drill. Its a great doctrine, and it costs zero points to give it to your troops. You aren't even forced to keep your men in close order the whole time either. Whenever you want, move into close order to give them the benefit. If it wouldn't be prudent to do so, then leave em spaced out. Very versatile.
    My 40K Armies:
    ----------------
    - Thousand Sons
    - Mordian Imperial Guard

- TAU
    - Dark Eldar

My Fantasy Armies:
    ---------------------
    - Lhamian Vampire Counts
    - Empire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

It could always be rationalized as the squad being prepared to fight as a unit from the moment it touches down. Obviously their parachute and similar-styled units are a bit more accurate than our's, especially back in the day. Can you imagine trying to fight a battle if your guardsmen scattered like the paratroopers on D-Day? Your opponent sets up their force around the objective, and like three random guardsmen come screaming in on completely different parts of the board, and off you go. :tongue:
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

+ Reply to Thread