Whats Your Dream Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you could combine models from every army what models would you choose to make up your dream army. Or coolest looking army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 dreadnoughts, 2 leman russ's, 1 leman russ demolisher, 2 basic marine squads, 4 IG squads, 1 force commander SM, 2 squads of normal land speeders, 1 assault squad and I think thats it. You can use stuff from all armys right? then for my second army id get thousands of squats and a marine commander

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50 leman russes 90 gaurdem platoons 50 obliterators 75 terminaros 40 space marines 25 raptors 20 chaplains 2 demon princes 4 hive tyrants and 12 cultists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6.723x10^52 Ork Slugga Boyz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've actually been fortunate enough to be able to start building my dream army. Space Wolves of course. It will have every option that can be taken under one force organization list. That means each squad will have a model for every possible wepon combination. About 18-22 models per 10 man squad. Every forgeworld accessory (extra armor, doors, etc) The new Forgeworld dreads, epicast and forgeworld bases, metal shoulderpads, Grief lenses for all the lights, etc.

I'm documenting the building of the army on my site. Unfortunately it will be slow. Mostly because of work, but also because I'm paroxysmal and can't stay focused on one army at a time. You can see that in the way my galleries get filled, a different color every week :lol:

Check here every one in a while to see what's new.
    http://www.netmdc.com/~longfang/Subp...ate%20Army.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 venerable space wolf dreadnought 3 ork dreanoghts 2 grey knight venerables dreadnoughts 2 warhound titans 3 whirlwinds 1 standard dreadnought 5 inferoso dreadnoughts 1 monolith 2 chimeras 2 fighta bomas 20 terminators 100 blood claws 200 death company 40 devistators 7 thunder hawks and 10 land raiders crusaider and 1o landraiders mmm....land raider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

600 wulfen army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by WolfRaider@Nov 22 2003, 19:43
    organization list. That means each squad will have a model for every possible wepon combination. About 18-22 models per 10 man squad.
    That sound like an awesome project to do! Good luck. I have a few questions. How large of a unit will you make? You stated a 10 man unit will have up 22 figures that can be used. So are you looking to field a 3000 point army with all the variations?

Any eta to completion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well as to my dream army it would be an entire SM chapter. All 1000 marines, all vehicles. All terminators, the dreadnaughts. Everything! :huh: Heck even the non combat forces that with out them no chapter would survive more than a couple battles! And a scale fortress for the chapter! That would be awesome!

I have my own vanilla chapter in the making so maybe will start working on it. I have the space marine codex to base this on but really don’t like how it is set up. But I would love to do that.

I wonder how many points army and entire chapter would be. :blink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Rikk30@Nov 23 2003, 18:49
    That sound like an awesome project to do! Good luck. I have a few questions. How large of a unit will you make? You stated a 10 man unit will have up 22 figures that can be used. So are you looking to field a 3000 point army with all the variations?

Any eta to completion?
    I just got my last two Forgeworld dreads in the mail this weekend along with all the arms, so I have everything I need right now. I plan to update the page this week with some more pictures.

Size wise the army will be about 5500 points on a single force organization chart. The units will be 10 man (15 when appropriate, etc). The reason they take so many models is (based on a Grey Hunter unit) I will have 10 normal armed guys, two with power weapons, two with PFists, two with plasma pistols, a melta, a plasma gun, a flamer, and a Wolf Guard Pack leader. That way I can make any army list I want without worrying about having the miniatures.

ETA? Hard to say. I'm painting two armies on commision right now as well as keeping a regular flow of minis on eBay to fund all this goodness. If you take a regular troop, $3, add an epicast base, metal shoulderpad, and a bit or two for conversion each guy cost a little over $5 each. That makes a plain old squad about $100, add a Rhino with Forgeworld armor, doors, and accessories that's about $100 more for the unit. Times six Grey Hunter units and I haven't even mentioned the heavies, fast attack, etc... You get the idea.

I plan to start the new Space Wolf gallery next month, probably with the dreadnoughts and attack bikes first...maybe :lol:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast