How do you beat tyranids and necrons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you beat tyranids and necrons?

My brothers are playin tyranids and necrons and I was wondering if there are a couple strategies out there to help me beat them with my Blood Angels. Advice is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Hmm. well, in most cases, 'nids have little to no armor saves. And they aren't terribly shooty. The accepted anti-nid tactic is to basically get a hold of as many multi-shot, decent AP weapons as you can manage (heavy bolters, assault cannons, multilasers, etc..) in order to thin out broods to a manageable level by the time they inevitably hit your lines. Far better to have to fight the bloody tatters of a group of 20 than the whole lump at once. Templates are also useful (although not so much flamers unless they're on tanks/assault squads), and Ordnance... well, is Ordnance ever not handy to have??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Ahh against the crons you want to keep them from getting their good save and or their 50% chance of comming back to life.

So you do this by killing them with Instant death, and weapons that don't allow an armour save such as a powerweapon as they take care of both. That is unless the lord has a res orb then well the squad he is with will get the we will be back save. If he has a lith ignore it work towards killing over 75% of his units that benefit from the "we will be back" rule then the whole army just disappears.

I recomend cheap Heavy weapons or massed devestators with some major cc killing power such as maybe a vet squad lead by one or 2 hq the qbility to give extra attacks and reroll missed ones would be aswome Librarian + Chaplain combo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

against nids its best to thin down brood numbas first before targeting the bigger creatures genstealers should b high on the priotiry list anlong with anything else with a fast move/infiltrate. go for the bigga creatures after the broods they may look scary but tht cnt kill nearly as many guys as a full brood of horgmants can. with necrons the best thing is to try and shoot smaller squad and totally wipe thm out in 1 turn so tht there are no models of the same kind within 6" so they cnt get back up ive dne this and taken out jetbiker squads,and imortal, flayerd ones and wraiths with out them been able to use their we'll b bak with the warriors try and engage them in combat wear they cant use their nasty guns. most of the necron army wnt b tht good if you can engage them in combat because of their small amount of attacks and low I make sure u take lots of power weapons/powerfists.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

You need a blanced list, failing that, 3 baals and 2 LST should solve most of your problems. You can freely assault isolated units of anything that does not ignore your armour saves, or gene stealers. Since only the monsterus creaters can hurt you. Against orcs, and nids, leave terminators at home, Your deathcompany will still get 2 saves, most of the time, so they will still be quiet effective against orcs. And again shooting is essential. As it should be with blood angles. Scouts are effective against orcs, since their save is not changed. Max out troop choices. This gives you a large and scary deathcompany, which will rivial the best of the orcs and nids in CC. But dont think youll beat gene stealers, or the toughest orc squads. Good hunting.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recommend going for a balanced list. Two good 8/10 man Tacticle Sqauds with Missile Launchers (Frag for for Gaunts and Krak for Necrons/Tyranid Warrior etc) and Plasma/ Melta guns.

I also recommend an Assault Squad and a Chaplain w/Jump pack + Death Company when versing nids, why I here you ask, well chances are you'll never get the assault in if you go looking for it so wait until one of your Tactical Squads is charged then Counter charge with your Assault Squad or Death Company or both.

Your gonna need some big guns to take out the big creatures in a Tyranid Horde so take Dreadnoughts with Assault Cannons or a Pred Annihilator. Blood Angels should never take Devastator squads, chances are when you finally manage to get that hulking creature into view, your squads will fail its black rage and go stick their heads in its mouth screaming, how do I taste? Need ketchup?

REMEMBER: Most of you Blood Angel abilities will work against you when fighting Tyranids, running into the maw of the enemy and the charge bonus from Furious Charge shouldn't be used unless your certain of winning the fight. Against. Necron all I can recommend is Power Weapons, Assault Squads and do everything in your capability to reduced them to 25% so they 'Phase Out'

Good luck, hope this helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recommend going for a balanced list. Two good 8/10 man Tacticle Sqauds with Missile Launchers (Frag for for Gaunts and Krak for Necrons/Tyranid Warrior etc) and Plasma/ Melta guns.

I also recommend an Assault Squad and a Chaplain w/Jump pack + Death Company when versing nids, why I here you ask, well chances are you'll never get the assault in if you go looking for it so wait until one of your Tactical Squads is charged then Counter charge with your Assault Squad or Death Company or both.

Your gonna need some big guns to take out the big creatures in a Tyranid Horde so take Dreadnoughts with Assault Cannons or a Pred Annihilator. Blood Angels should never take Devastator squads, chances are when you finally manage to get that hulking creature into view, your squads will fail its black rage and go stick their heads in its mouth screaming, how do I taste? Need ketchup?

REMEMBER: Most of you Blood Angel abilities will work against you when fighting Tyranids, running into the maw of the enemy and the charge bonus from Furious Charge shouldn't be used unless your certain of winning the fight. Against. Necron all I can recommend is Power Weapons, Assault Squads and do everything in your capability to reduced them to 25% so they 'Phase Out'

Good luck, hope this helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I am with Fitfow, 3 Baal and some LSTs will solve any lack of balance
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for tyranids, it is definately whirlwind... maybe vindicator?? good against necrons and tyranids... but cant fire really far... any that has multiple shots against tyranids... missile launchers and assault cannons would be the weapons u want in both games... i would recommend not to take too much tanks... all necron weapons have a chance to damage your tanks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Landspeeders are the way to go. Everyone else fears them like crazy. Add two or three and watch your opponents run for cover.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast