Powerful Connoness' ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powerful Connoness' ?

Hello all myself is Ryiax new to the forum but been gaming painting for about 12 years, just wondering why is it that alot of you take powerful hand to hand Cannoness characters?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm because they are good for it?

Seriously, its really the only HQ option. No-one wants to take an Inquisitor Lord unless you are doing a strictly Inquisitorial themed army, the Canoness is just that much better. This leaves you with a shooty Canoness or h2h Canoness. With the quantity and quality of shooty weapons and wargear in the Witch Hunters armoury its no wonder people decide to take her as h2h. It's simply what she does best, and she does do it greatly, so why take anything else?

The most isloated capital city in the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With a serious lack of good close combat support (I dont consider repentias to be good), SoB are left with little else to protect themselves in h2h from the enemy
    Only a few prefer liberty - the majority seek nothing more than fair masters

Sallust, Histories

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Just keep your Canoness and her retinue near your Repentias. Make the opponent choose which horrendous HTH death he/she prefers.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

coz shes really cheap for what she is capable of doing in combat
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

There is a nasty trick which I learned here from another poster ( I can't remember who). He called it the "hidden Eviscrator".

Take a Canoness with a retinue. Make the Sister Superior of the Retinue a Veteran and give her an Eviscerator. The opponent sees the unit and generally knows the Canoness will have a Blessed Weapon. After she fights, and the rest of the Celestians fight, when he thinks you are done you say "Just a sec, I have three STR 6 power weapon attacks here," it is SO nice to see the look of alarm on his face.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My contention is that its alot of points to tie up in one model when you can just take a palatine with a combi weapon and save a hundred points or more and add a heavy bolter/meltaguns/heavy flamers to the rest of your army they are better at mid range shooting then anything else? shock tactics are ok but she has to be backed up by a squad of celestians thats way too many points to tie up in one unit that can lose to a basic space marine squad.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

as they said, nobody wants an inquisitor lord. personally, i dont like inquisitor lords because they arent very good and soak up a ton of pts, then the canoness offers you 2 more faith pts.

i dont make my canoness very "uber" h2h cuz with WS and I4 they arent that great. but with a blessed weapon and jump pack she is excellent to hide and provide counter-assault for the infantry. with this she is fairly cheap too.

Why would you make ANY hq character shooty? it doesnt work. what good is having a single weapon? the fact is that hq characters do not make up their points unless they either A.) Get into cc, or B.) Blow up a big tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

She's a Character-Killer, (and she also has the ability to tie up enemy squads, and she can hunt a tank).

The 2+ Invulnerable is really the most significant thing she has to offer.
    With it, she can face-off with the toughest, meanest, snot-drooling monster out there.
    Even if she doesn't kill the monster, she can hold it while you get a lot of bolters and flamers into position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that a cannoness adds two faith points to an army is the best thing. I always take a canonness over a palatine for that reason. When facing tough opponents, having a blessed weapon is great (you can hit at strength 5 normally when you need to hit first and strength 7 when you want to hit at initiative 1, and it's master-crafted), but you do lose an attack for being two-handed. She can dish out a lot of punishment with a BW or eviscerator.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast