Sentinal Squadron - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sentinal Squadron

I have been thinking of adding a squadron of sentinals to my army list, but everyone I talk to here says they are too fragile to field.

So I would like some advise on adding some of these. I tend to play a typical Cadian list with once and a while doing the Mechanized list thing on a 1500 points scale.

I think the sentinals might be a good addition if I ever did a Drop Troop army.

Any advise on the sentinals???

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Heya.

I recomend lascannon and Autocannon sentinels, they are my favorite. Good S and AP values on both making them quite capable of taking on tanks and heavy infantry alike.

If your DSing, I'd go with Autocannons because they can Glance Armor 13 and fire twice, which is a good thing when your dealing with an army that only hits 50% of the time. Never group sentinels in squasd though. A heavy bolter could easily disable all of them in one round, which is not cool. Set them up with one taking up each fast attack slot and one in your HQ. Although this only works if you plan on using less then 4 and if you don't want any other fast attack options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Sentinal can be good if you have other armor on the field. On there own, they are killed quickly and easily.

I use them, but if I do, I put a Sentinal next to another tank, preferable a Leman Russ. Most games when I play them this way, they seem to work well and last most if not all of the game.

Dropping Sentinals can be good too for tying up low S troops like Eldar, Ork or other IG.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking about sentinels for a while now. I'm just waiting for that moment when I finish my first 1000 points and make that leap to 1500. What I've been thinking is I'm using a mostly infantry list with an Armoured Fist (it'll be two Armoured Fists in the 1500) and was wondering if the two Chimeras would be a sufficiant fire magnet to cut a few laser cannon or auto cannon sentinels some slack?

+ Reply to Thread