Dark Angels Or Blood Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, I'm a rather new player to 40k and I'm having a terrible time trying to decide between the two angel Chapters. On one hand, the BA have such an interesting and unique role in 40k and their Primarch is easily my favorite. I love their Honour Guard and the concept of the Black Rage is awesome. The bad side is that their play tactics don't mesh very well with my own. The Dark Angels do though, they have an excellent paint scheme, nifty Terminators, and good Land Speeders, I also like the models as well. It's a question between the pure love of a Chapter's concept, history, and characters, and the need for a force that meshes better with my own experience and tactics. If anyone could contribute their thoughts it would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the Dark Angels. I have some very good luck with them. I would say go with what is more comfortable. If the DA's fit your personal tactics use em. There are some draw backs that I have run into with my army. One big one the Special Chacters are almost all not availible unless your using 1500 to 2000 pts. But other than that my vote is for DA's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go DAs and then make up some fluff for your army, like they split off of the DAs at the beginning, and now fight alongside a strike force of BAs?
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude wolves are the best chapter followed by blood angles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had pretty much the same problem when i started..
    but i went with the DAs...
    one noob reason was that i had bad luck painting with red..
    but i sooner realised that they have awsome troops, fluff, and best of all plasma... *drool*...plasma....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya but do you get free troops with a chaplian ( death company ) that are insane in assault mmm...death company

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would recommend dark angels, but i am biased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A single death company squad may own but lets face it, an entire death company army wouldnt, a major drawback for BA, at the start of every game they roll a dice for each squad of infantery and on a 6 they become death company and all other roles make some death company thing. If you happened to have a very unlucky all your army would have to become death company and that means no devastators, actually thats pretty much the only bad thing apart from lack of proper tactical squads, oh wait and termies too but I think we all thought of that one. . . I myself play crimson fists but I am thinking of changing to another chapter because even though they do rock there just isnt enough special stuff going on, I qill probably do a DA succsesor chapter of the DA themselves. Anyway I hope that helped you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes death comapny are suposed to be risky but if you get lucky you can have tons of deathcompany witch are very hard too beat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Blood Angel&#39;s storyline is an awesome one. When I started, I was mainly focussed on two things: the Death Company and the BA storyline. However, I find anyways, that the more you play with an army, the more you start to mold into their style of fighting. I play many different armies, but the BA were my first and are my favourite. However, just because I play BA, doesn&#39;t mean I use their tactics for every other army I play. For example, the IG don&#39;t exactly go charging into two or three mobs as fast as they can. Really though, it all depends on what you are comfortable with now. You can always admire one chapter and play another. Another good example of this is that I really like the Dark Angel, and I think the whole "hunt for the Fallen" thing is cool, but, at the same time, I am nuts about the BA story of Sanguinius being noble and the general feel of the chapter. What I am really trying to say, I guess, is that you can easily go either way, and jsut because you don&#39;t play an army, it doesn&#39;t mean you can&#39;t read up on their fluff and such. However, if you feel that strongly drawn to a certain storyline, I think you should just go for it. Ultimately, the choice is yours, but I think it would be a new experience for you and present a new way of looking at the game (tactics wise).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast