Tac squad roles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tac squad roles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tac squad roles

As im new to smurfs i wanted to know what people use their tac squads as. I havent actually got any models yet so if you have something chapter specific, post it.

I always got the impresion that bolter dudes where ment to sit back and shoot all day. Then i look at the army list section and see tac squads nicely geared up for assault. One i don't like is people taking a min sized tac squad to fire a heavy and special wep.

Cheers in advance B R M

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Raging Man!ak
    As im new to smurfs i wanted to know what people use their tac squads as. I havent actually got any models yet so if you have something chapter specific, post it.

I always got the impresion that bolter dudes where ment to sit back and shoot all day. Then i look at the army list section and see tac squads nicely geared up for assault. One i don't like is people taking a min sized tac squad to fire a heavy and special wep.

Cheers in advance B R M
    Here's a link to the SM Tactical squad Tactica by Chaosbyrnn.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/arti...howarticle=198

That's all I can suggest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

marines are versitile that you can use them for everything. myself as a BT player uses one or two 6-men squads as a firebase. using one other squad of 10 marine for CC works very effective.
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HUGE range of heavy weapons

As a DA player i'm a pretty shooty army with my tac squads, so one thing I like is the huge range on the guns, it surpasses most of any other armies ranges when using a heavy weapon, you can blast and blast away while they're busy running along trying to get within their puny 24" ranges also, you can tank hunt with them with the addition of lascannons and plasma cannons... hope this helps!
    Death to all chaos scum (and politicians, I think some of them are as mad as a cultist)

Master of the Deathwing

+ Reply to Thread