low costing BA army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

low costing BA army

Hey guys i am thinking about starting a Blood Angels army but im only looking for up to 1500 pts. I have already bought a 10 SM and 10 Assualt SM and mephiston cause i think hes a cool special character. DO u guys have any suggestions on what i should get? im also trying to keep costs low.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Moriar
    Hey guys i am thinking about starting a Blood Angels army but im only looking for up to 1500 pts. I have already bought a 10 SM and 10 Assualt SM and mephiston cause i think hes a cool special character. DO u guys have any suggestions on what i should get? im also trying to keep costs low.
    Umm, more Assault marines, a chaplain, lots of deathguard models... Baal Predator, Furioso dread, another tactical squad (make the tactical squads 10 men each with a meltagun and sergeant, drop pod, if you can, I'm not sure its BA). Another Furioso dread, mors assault marines, yeah, that's about it. Make sure your death guard models have jump packs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel1990
    Umm, more Assault marines, a chaplain, lots of deathguard models... Baal Predator, Furioso dread, another tactical squad (make the tactical squads 10 men each with a meltagun and sergeant, drop pod, if you can, I'm not sure its BA). Another Furioso dread, mors assault marines, yeah, that's about it. Make sure your death guard models have jump packs.

hah...

classic BA response from what i've seen...

yeah... BA play themselves if you have a chaplain with jump pack, and an arse load of Death Company...

tho, BA scouts are fairly impressive in and of themselves...
    Pictures of the Smigs Army for your amusement....
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b390/Holy_Smigs/

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women"

"JESUS SAVES! the rest of your models each take a wound."

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel1990

Or... you could buy a balanced and reasonable army, keep your friends, enjoy the game and feel good about yourself. But-hey.. cheesy power-gaming Blood Angel armies are traditional...
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint monkey
    Or... you could buy a balanced and reasonable army, keep your friends, enjoy the game and feel good about yourself. But-hey.. cheesy power-gaming Blood Angel armies are traditional...
    Yup an assaulty BA army is pretty cheesy seeing as that is what they are best at. I mean using the Furious charge to the best of your ability and playing to your armies strengths is pretty much power-gaming in itself. I mean its like Imperial Guard using lots of heavy weapons, silly cheesy noobs *Shakes Head*.

Okay enough of the rant. I suggest purchasing some more tactical marines, some scouts, and assault marines. Once you have a solid all infantry base you can start adding sweet things like Baals, Land Speeders, etc.

Also, a really cheap way to buy assault marines: Buy a set of Jump Packs (10) i think its like 13 bucks. Then get a set of Space Wolf Blood Claws. Add the 2 together and you have a full squad of Assault marines. AND in the Blood Claws sprue you'll find Power weapons, a power fist, AND a crap load of plasma pistols!!!! This method is much better than buying 2 assault marine boxes for what is it now a days 35 bucks a pop??

Anyways, I hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey thanks thats exactly the kinda feedback i need! just a question about the space wolf models though. Are they going to have space wolf insignia and stuff on them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes they will have space wolf insignia on them, however it only takes a short amount of time to scrape it off. On some of my earlier models I just didn't paint/highlight the insignia so it isn't noticable. Either way its a much better choice to buy the SW models as opposed to the assault squads.

BloodyFreakingInferno

P.S. I'm drunkd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

yep...

blood claws are definately the way to go for assault troops...

and if you're building tac squads, might as well snag the chaos + rino boxed set for at least one (granted, it's only 8 guys, but it comes with a rino and decent decorations... instead of the 6 + not so useful razorback the marines get...) not to mention the heavy bolter instead of just the pipe launcher...

IMO... (aside from the cheese army design)
    if you wanna work the blood angels as a tactics army, not a "plays itself" army,
    try to go non-Death Company oriented...

I'd suggest a Dreads and Predator (heavy support), then rino-mounted tac squads (just a couple), and then scouts.
    Last edited by Holy_Smigs; December 12th, 2005 at 00:45.
    Pictures of the Smigs Army for your amusement....
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b390/Holy_Smigs/

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women"

"JESUS SAVES! the rest of your models each take a wound."

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Oh you people and your loathing of BAs, just because they are better then you in assasult, tsk tsk, they generally lack shooting, or they have min maxed exteamily effectively, in either case, mass misile luanchers will beat any blood angle list.

IF only we all fielded blanced lists, then we could have misile launchers flamers and veteran sgts with powerweapons, and a razorback, or rihno. That squad is sure to keep the friends around, as they annihilate your army.

In chess for example you wouldnt decide to move your queen to kill a pawn, just to be nice, when you could have moved her for check mate. Make fluff and "blance" while your modeling and painting. On the table top, honor your marines, with the best list you can make, that is true fluff.]

Anything else is but a sad excuse for why you cannot win.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok just to be clear, it has been years since i fielded an all out assault list, and thats because they always get beaten...to play blood angels effectively, you need as much balance as any other SM army (perhaps a little more assault...)

buy another tactical squad. Buy an HQ (a chaplain is a good bet if your just starting, but as time goes on you may start to prefer a force commabder or librarian...up to you entirely...dont just buy a chaplain because its 'the blood angel thing to do')

these two things should cost you around £21...then buy a dreadnought...however i suggest you buy a standard dreadnought first...£5 cheaper than a furioso, and much more useful for someone who's not used to the BA army list...maybe buy a furioso later

terminators are always good, but a little risky in the blood angels army list, as you may lose them to the black rage at the start of the battle (if you don't know what i mean, then perhaps you should buy the codex's first ). I tend to use them though, as their tremendous firepower, and abilty to fire on the move (always good for BA) make them useful and justify their points.

basically unit thats can fire on the move are good...a predator annihilator adss some much need long range to your force too.

you could buy rhinos and the like if you wish...i find them useful despite all the nasty anti-transport rules that have come about recently

predator baals are good if you are against nids, orks or tau...imperial guard less so, but if you dont need lascannons and need anti-infantry power then they rock
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast