Black Templars and drop pods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Templars and drop pods

I posted a 2000 point black templar list up earlier but it raised a question that i cant find an answer to on the forums.

when you land a unit by drop pod or deep strike in a standard marine army you cant assault the turn you arrive. What happens if you deep strike or drop pod a black templar unit and it takes a casualty would the black templar unit be able to assault if it rolled the required distance on its rightious zeal roll? (assuming it passed morale) Sorry if this seems really obvious or i'm the last person in the world to dawn on the idea!

cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say yes because it's something that happend in the shooting phase has now some effect. a marine squad that fails his LD runs away on the turn they land.
    DonĀ“t mess with the dicegod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow! that means i could deepstrike a chaplain with a terminator squad, hopefully lose one to shooting. since the chaplain makes them fearless they would auto pass their rightous zeal test and engage the enemy on the turn they land. Lets hope santa brings me some assault terminators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no the chaplin doesn't let you autopass the zeal rule. so you still have to roll for the zeal rule. which won't be any problem because he has LD 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acording to the rightious zeal rule the unit has to pass a morale check. But the chaplain makes the unit he joins fearless and pass all morale and pinning checks. Maybe i'm just reading too much onto it and its wishfull thinking on my part

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Chaplain do auto pass, from what ive heard, second, this is totally legal, but it count as a consolidation move, not a new charge, as is my understand of black templars. So you would be better off moving less far, since youve already been shot at, (you move at the end of the turn not once you lose the first model) And getting your bonus for charge, plus rerolls to hit.

Good luck
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Righteous Zeal is an interesting rule and can make for a great game play but also has some donwfall to it. And by the way, the Righteous Zeal only applies to your infantry squad, which would be your crusaders. Elites aren't part of the rule. It also doesn't apply to your jump infantry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh... the penny drops.... I thought I could use this method to attack on the turn my units arrived but minus the charge bonus. Still.... its a great tactic for locking guard and fire warriors and stop them from shooting Bonus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Infantry is one value for the characteristic unit type. Unless I've been reading a different rulebook than everyone else (as is often the case,) this has absolutely nothing to do with where you fall on the FOC (HQ, Elite, etc.) Terminator and Sword Brethren squads, as well as HQ units and Command Squads, are all infantry. As such they are effected by the Righteous Zeal rules. If

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dole
    Infantry is one value for the characteristic unit type. Unless I've been reading a different rulebook than everyone else (as is often the case,) this has absolutely nothing to do with where you fall on the FOC (HQ, Elite, etc.) Terminator and Sword Brethren squads, as well as HQ units and Command Squads, are all infantry. As such they are effected by the Righteous Zeal rules. If
    your right the last page there is stated what each type of unit is.

you make your zeal move at the end of his shooting phase. so becarefull where you drop in. he might use this rule against you to force you being in his charge range.

+ Reply to Thread