How far can I bend fluff? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How far can I bend fluff?

I'm creating an IG army with allied Daemonhunters. I've already bent aroudn inquisitors so that they're abhumans, but... how far would you guys let an opponent bend GK fluff?

I'm thinking of representing Grey Knights as some sort of abhuman (haven't decided yet), with something that would count as a Nemesis force weapon. Some of their special powers would be explained by uncontrollable psychic power, or something like that. Basically they were experiments gone right or wrong, depending on who you ask.

Well?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

It's iffy, but as long as you don't use GK models or call them GK, it's ok - for friendly games. Tourney games don't allow, for the most part, that level of conversion.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Err....no, you could get away with it if you don't use GK as their gene-seed was taken from the emporers own flesh and he had a tendency to KILL THE MUTANT.

Other than using GK it could work as not all inq. are puritan (but the GK are) and the imperium is a big place.

*EDIT* I just thought you could say the inquisitor had all his warriors killed while stopping a chaos incursion on a planet and as he needed troops he trained the planets mutant population to use lasguns and thus fight to stop chaos (eventhough he will probably kill them later).
    Last edited by The_Outsider; December 11th, 2005 at 21:04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually if you read some of the fluff from the older editions of 40K there are rare occasions when a alien is granted inqusitorial status by a radical inqusitor,those theses are both rare and hated.you could do some kind of fluff about him possesing the body(being a strong psyker) or a alien and unfortunatly becoming trapped in it for what ever reason,and by using this new identity leading the enemies of the inqustion(thses mutants you speak of) against other enemies of mankind.it strikes me as something a radical inqusitor would do if circumstances dictated it.This of course is just one idea i thought of off the top of my head.feel free to use another thing or something of your own devising.

BC
    wow. now that was interesting

This is a part where i'm ment to 'big up' my clubs forum-
    Visit

Marvel at its brilliance
    Marvel at its sheer scale
    Marvel at the 6 core posters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't mean to call them GK for any intents or purposes, I just plan on using the GK stats for a completely different unit. But I'm just wondering if you guys would play me if I had appropriately converted mutants using GK statlines.

Edit: And I already have plenty of fluff for the IG side of things, It's just a GK question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally As long as you payed GK points for the GK statline i will fight bottlecaps if you make up a reasonable story.

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Death to the mutant bottle caps, they killed my family! DEATH!:wacko:

Sorry, saw the last post and couldn't resist a random moment of insanity and stupidity.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can bend fluff as far as you want. That's why it's FLUFF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Okay, I have my own personal opinions on fluff, but I'm going to behave and not share them. I really don't know people in the hobby well enough to say.

In terms of game play, as long as they look more or less correct and are on the appropriate size bases, I could care less. I do something somewhat backwards to what you want to do, in that I have some Grey Knight Terminators that I use in place of regular Terminators because they GKT models look so much niftier. I'm working on filing down the inquisition badges and replacing them with Black templar badges, and the sergeant has a banner to make him stand out, seeing as there isn't a power weapon/power fist distinction. The rule of thumb I use is that as long as it's easy to keep track of what is what, I'm fine with anything. Bottlecap Marines and CocaCola-fexes are a bit too much for me though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think that it would be allowed in tournaments, as long as I make it clear to each opponent what they are (PAGKs, for instance)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast