Kill teams? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kill teams?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kill teams?

People keep refering to some units as a kill team.

I was just curious as to what they were.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kill team is a special scenario based gfame released by GW in the BGB page 183. I have personally been playing for a couple of months, and i can say that it is real awesome.
    look it up, i also suggest adding in experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire:

THE A-TEAM!!!!!!!

DUN DUDDA DUH DUN DUN DUN! DUN DAH DA DAH DUN DAH DAH DAH DUN DAH DUDDA DA!!!

I pity the fool who doesn't turn to page 214 of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.
    What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

"For all the good our lasers are doing, we might as well be spitting at it!" - Dr. Mindbender, Cobra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, having invested in the battle for macragge box, my ruleboox doesnt extend past page 88.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by WezAlmighty
    Lol, having invested in the battle for macragge box, my ruleboox doesnt extend past page 88.
    NOOOO!!!!! oh man, that sucks, you bought that set. i bought the revised rulebook shearly for the kill-team rules! man, your missing out on some sweet games! mostly kill-team games are where one person makes an elite team of soldiers from their army list. then the other person has several units of weak units, called brute squads. the kill team must sneak past(or kill all of them) the brutes to fulfill some objective. you can take any combination of units in your kill team, so it leads to some unique games.
    Last edited by Ickebeebon; December 12th, 2005 at 17:51.
    Do it fer da ladz, come join da Ork Klan here!

Blood Axes W/L/D-------- 9/7/3
    Warboss Grorg of the Ork Klan!
    Commander of the Rebel Alliance in the STAR WARS CLAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's unfortunate that Kill Team is in the BGB and not the LBB (Little Black Book). Two suggestions:

1) Read about Combat Patrol on the UK Games Workshop site. Combat Patrol is not the same as Kill Team, but they have a similar flavor.

2) Read some Kill Team missions on the US Games Workshop site. They don't include the rules, but will give you a good sense of what can be done with the Kill Team rules.

Lastly (maybe this is #3... I'm not sure), if you can find White Dwarf #286 and 287 (the US version, I believe), the Kill Team rules are in there and those two mags should be cheaper than the BGB. Now, I don't know if the rules have changed since they were published in White Dwarf, but any changes are probably pretty minor and if you'd like to check them out, it can be a good route to go.
    Last edited by Raalle; December 12th, 2005 at 19:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fourth option is to find a freind with the BGB or anyone really and read the rules, they aren't terribly complicated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

IIRC, the Last Chancers are basically the core of the IG Kill Team mentality...

it's basically a single unit (with possibly members of other units thrown in, tho with LCs you don't have to do that...) that goes sneaky-sneaky into enemy territory to secure objectives.
    Pictures of the Smigs Army for your amusement....
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b390/Holy_Smigs/

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women"

"JESUS SAVES! the rest of your models each take a wound."

+ Reply to Thread