Termies - Advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heya everyone - sorry if this seems a bit of a newb question.

Like a lot of people I've probably collected more Terminator models than I strictly need. Now my second Land Raider has arrived and I'm wondering about what might work in a Termie army.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as a Space Wolf Player Termies seem damn expensive (compared to other chapters) - Salamanders start around 38? By my calcs SW Termies start around 45+. Have I got that right?

Which Termies do you prefer? In what combinations? What are the heavy and fast attack support options for Termies?

I've got one each of the LR and LR Crusader - how would you mix different and match different termies into each LR?

Any and all comments appreciated.

DrBob.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

personally i think termies are a waste of time in a space wolf force your better off using 2 wolf guard in power armour than 1 in termie armor
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya the only way i use terminators is with my space wolf army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate to dissapoint you but there is only one all termie army and that's deathwing (dark angles). And there even 2 more points than your wolf guard. But they can mix weapons. I think that the best squad combination is:

6 termies
    2 cyclone misslelaunchers
    1 pair of lighting claws
    1 chain fist
    1 power weapon

it's an evil combination that can take one just about anything and rip it to shereds!

On the matter of landraiders I prefer the landraider Crusaider (it's the only landraider I have) but it's a pillbox on weels. It's hurican bolters can fire no matter how far you move! Then the macihine spirt rule lets you fire your assualt cannon! One round of shooting and on less squad on the board!
    "you don't under stand, my empathy for you could fit in a match box, with the matches in it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Wolf termies are more expensive than average because every one of them can take picks from the armory. Essentially they are all nearly IC/characters without the ability to detach from their unit. They can have any armament they want, as long as its allowed to termies, and 1 in 3 can have a heavy weapon. For Space Wolves you could field an army of 23 terminators, 12 power armor troops. That's the most termie SW can get. Deathwing goes the distance for the all termie army.

To answer your question, I like to field termies in task specialized units. I don't normally use them at all because I don't find them cost effective, but when I do its usually one squad of all out assault with an assault HQ, and another squad that's shooty fire support. I use the transport to move the assault unit into combat (usually a LR Crusader, 7 lightning claw termies and an HQ termie) and walk the fire support termies forward shooting the whole way. I prefer Cyclone missile launchers with storm bolters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by WolfRaider@Nov 26 2003, 09:40
    Space Wolf termies are more expensive than average because every one of them can take picks from the armory. Essentially they are all nearly IC/characters without the ability to detach from their unit. They can have any armament they want, as long as its allowed to termies, and 1 in 3 can have a heavy weapon. For Space Wolves you could field an army of 23 terminators, 12 power armor troops. That's the most termie SW can get. Deathwing goes the distance for the all termie army.

To answer your question, I like to field termies in task specialized units. I don't normally use them at all because I don't find them cost effective, but when I do its usually one squad of all out assault with an assault HQ, and another squad that's shooty fire support. I use the transport to move the assault unit into combat (usually a LR Crusader, 7 lightning claw termies and an HQ termie) and walk the fire support termies forward shooting the whole way. I prefer Cyclone missile launchers with storm bolters.
    For Space Wolves you could field an army of 23 terminators, 12 power armor troops. That's the most termie SW can get.

23 terminators you can only have 20 terminators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can have 20 Wolf Guard, all of whom can take terminator armor.

You can have various HQs who can take termie armor.

With 20 WG forming three body body guards, one for each HQ, you'll probably have a force sufficient to need three HQs, hence my estimate of AT LEAST 23 termies.

You could probably break them into 4, five man bodyguards and four HQs if you get enough upgrades in order to bump the army into the 2251+ point size.

You also need two troop picks to be legal, and the smallest size squad is 6 GH, so the 12 troops.

It would be a very bad tactical choice, but it can be done. I would go with Death Wing instead, if I was to want an all termie army. More likely I would field one or two terminator units for key roles supporting a more varied army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ohh i thought you ment 23 wolf guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i seriously think terminator should benefit from invul save, without that they are basically marines with slightly better save with a strong power fist but which strike last and thus u would be butchered before to berserkers,boyz,etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terminators do have an invulnerable save. You can download the correction to paste in your codex at the GW on line site under FAQs.

<quote>
    A model wearing Terminator armour has a 2+
    armour save, a 5+ Invulnerable save, and
    adds +1 to its Attacks characteristic. Also,
    any model wearing Terminator armour can be
    teleported onto the battlefield, and set up
    using the Deep Strike rules, but only if the
    mission allows for Deep Strike to be used. If
    the mission does not allow troops to use the
    Deep Strike rules then the model must set up
    normally with the rest of the army.

Closed Thread