thoughts on paint scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

thoughts on paint scheme

Although I play Daemonhunters, one of my most effective units is my Seraphim. I'm now ready to paint them (all friendly games, paint 'em when you can), and I'm curious about what to do. I want them to stand out from my Grey Knights, ISTs, inquisitor, and Callidus Assassin. Meaning, I don't want greyish armor (a la Grey Knights), or red dominated color (inquisitor), or black-dominated armour (assassin), or a mix of black and red (ISTs). Also, I'm not much for the white armor look shown in the book. Harrumph.

What I'm thinking is painting their armor bronze, giving it gold highlights, followed by a thin orange-red wash. Their gloves and cloth would be black, their weapons would be black, red, and metallic grey, their hair would be white, their skin would be dark, and little details would be red, black, or white. And... like that. OK, ya think?

Open to any suggestions for distinctive but not garish (e.g., green and orange) paint schemes, however. I'd like to keep black, red, and white in there somewhere, at least, to keep them tied to the Inquisition.

ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK classically sister colours are covered for the 6 major orders in the book, however clearly lesser orders give you all sorts of options, it is a personnal decision but me I would stay away from anything not black white red or metalic, since these are the standard sisters colours, my last sisters army was ebon chalice but I hate painting black so my current one is going as per the scheme at the bottom left on the inside of the back cover (grey armour, red robes, gold icons etc) but I did consider gold/bronze armour, although I think red robes will work better with that armour colour
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I like this one too, but it is sooo much work :cry: I went for black armor/red robes/white inside (of the robes). Looks OK, but red is still not easy to do voer black base... Anyhow - paint them as you wish, but as Cheredanine says - do not make them in clown costumes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want them to shine on the battlefield, use Blood Red with Tentakle Pink highlights (!). I'm serious, it looks so good on the standard green play mat.
    EDIT: Of course you need to work on shades and stuff to avoid the clownish look, a little waterdowned Brown Ink can help.
    Last edited by Fuard; December 23rd, 2005 at 03:07.
    "And that, my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Alternately paint them like the one at the bottom of this page:

http://groups.msn.com/SistersofBattl...torsguide.msnw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine
    Alternately paint them like the one at the bottom of this page:

http://groups.msn.com/SistersofBattl...torsguide.msnw
    Oh my god this is awesome!

I am gonna make one like this for a cannoness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

Aint it though - I did one like it when I first saw it (pre codex Wiutch hunters) the site has "aquired" the photo, that is not the orriginal location it came from (cant recall what the original was)

Note this is heavily converted,. from what I recall of the original article, the legs are swooping hawks, as are the wings, the weapon is off a tomb king or slaneshi model

I also suspect the base is a terry's chocolate orange

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, heavily converted indeed. I might take the pole weapon of a grey knight termi.

I can see the sisterr model is from a seraphim, but i wonder how they made the right arm. I can feel green stuff sticking on my fingers already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

I believe both arms are done by cutting off the original arm and re attaaching a standard Sob Gauntlet, the righ hand being the exception, I believe the right gauntlet is a seperate (probably non So piece (if you zoom in tyhe hand looks slightly out of scale for the wrist)

When I did mine I took the standard Serephim veteran, cut the sword off, drilled the hand an insereted a pole weapon - worked very well, I attached a banner which spiraled round the mini, it was my avatar many years ago when I first joined the board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea behind your paint scheme the only advice that i have of any use is that try to keep your main colours limited to about 2 or 3 easier that way to avoid looking as though you have a bunch of ppl in clown suits walking around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast