i need help with my army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need help with my army

hey everyone i dont know what i should get next i already have a tactical squad, an assault squad, a veterin squad, two bikes and a force coomander please help me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Your post is a bit terse to really give good, detailed advice. Fortunately, I'm not good at good, detailed advice anyways.

It looks like you're going to be a light on tank busting. You also only have one Troop choice, so you need to do something about that. A second ten man Tactical Squad is unlikely to do you wrong.

Tank Busting:
    8 man Devastator Squads with 4 MLs are popular.
    Venerable Dreadnought with TLLC and ML, Tank Hunters, and Extra Armor
    5 or 6 man tactical squads with a Lascannon (Don't use these as your only troops though)

I'm not saying that this would be a good or bad list with those additions. Heck, I'm not even going to say how many to add. I really don't know. However, those are all solid choices that will help round out what you already have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for another troops choice you could get a 5 man scout squad with 4 sinper rifles and a missile launcher

also could you put a bit more detail like put how many troops you have in the squad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be better to put this in the "Army Lists" section. Take a look at how some other folks have posted their armies. Then go through and post what you have, making it known that this is just what you have right now, and asking for advice on what you need. Be specific with what you have, and you'll probably receive specific advice on what you need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this early stage, you have a lot of leeway so you can go in pretty much any direction. I'll tell you how I would build on that though.

For starters you can't field two bikes on their own. You have to have at least three to make up a legal squad. You could add a chaplain bike or (i think) an attack bike for some variation. Consult your codex to see about this, I don't have mine with me. If you don't have a codex, get one today. It is worth your weight in gold.

My current favourite unit is the Land Speeder Tornado. It combines my two favourite weapons, the heavy bolter and the assault cannon with speed (up to 24" without firing) and never suffering a penetrating hit if it moved 12" or more in the previous turn.

Devastators are a good heavy choice as they are more durable than a tank which can die from one shot. I dropped the lascannon from them and put in an extra heavy bolter for use against infantry. You could drop the heavy bolter, add another rocket launcher and use them primarily against tanks. They're quite flexible. Always add more bolter marines so that the cheap guys can die first when you come under fire.

You can never have enough tactical marines. They are the most effective unit a marine commander can field. they are tough, cheap and good at both ranged and close combat. You can add a rocket launcher, las cannon, power fist or whatever makes them more effective at the task you wish to assign them to.

You can actually approach doing a new army two ways. You can choose effective units in an effort to win more games if you enjoy winning, or you can buy the units you think look cool and enjoy playing that way. I did the latter at first and beefed my army up with more effective units once I knew which ones worked better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

A Chaplain to lead your Assaut squad
    A Second TAC squad
    Veteran Sgt with PF to lead one of your ten man TAC Squads.
    A drop pod for said TAC squad with Vet Sgt w PF.
    A third Bike (minimum 3 bikes in a squad), two of your bikes should have Meltaguns.

That's probably what you need first. As previously stated you need 2 Troop choices for a legal FO (Force Organization chart). Typical expansion from there would be:
    8 man Dev squad with 4x ML
    Land Speeder Tornado (1 is good, 2 is better)
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

+ Reply to Thread