Reverse WYSIWYG - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reverse WYSIWYG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Reverse WYSIWYG

How does this work? I've got one of the old fashioned Terminator Captains with a storm bolter in one hand and a power fist with auxilliary grenade launcher on the other. I know I can't use the grenade launcher anymore, but this model also has a sheathed sword hanging from his belt.
    My question is can he have a power weapon rather than the power fist, or does he have to have a power fist because his model's got one. If so, is any advantage gained by having both the power fist and the power weapon? Is that legal as it means he's got 1 2-handed weapon and 2 1-handed weapons?
    He's all painted up and everything so don't really want to rip him apart if I can help it.

I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x4)

You can't give him both power weapons and the Storm Bolter.

The benefits of taking a Power Fist and a Power Weapon include being able to choose high strength or normal initiative without losing the Power status of your attacks. You also get one extra attack for 2 CC weapons (a power weapon is the cheapest way of getting this).

The storm bolter I think you are stuck with, as it is pretty difficult to count it as something else or pass it off as ornamentation or ceremonial (the latter from his probably pose). As for the Power Fist and the Power Sword I wouldn't have any problems with you selecting one and saying that the other is ceremonial or something (may be a relic? particularly if you choose to take it as a power fist). Problems would start if you tried to count it as a lightning claw or something like that.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by distortiondave
    ...He's all painted up and everything so don't really want to rip him apart if I can help it...
    Official Tourneys or GW League games(/) would obviously be one thing, but for other games if you gave your opponent a written note of what your Captain is equipped with before the start I can't imagine anyone being so mean-spirited as to object.

WYSIWYG is a fairly sound princple, but obviously it bites if you want to try out different combos, are you going to buy a different figure for each possibility, and then paint it as well? (GW sales team nodding YES! frantically from sidelines).

Generally I have a copy of my army list noting any exceptions like these that my opponent can see if they have any doubts. Solves a lot of arguments about "weapon changes" half-way through a game
    Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Little things, for example grenades, can be passed off as though they where not on the model, (however if you want grenades on the model you better have them on there) But larger things should probably be coverted as needed.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x3)

That's it tho, he has both of the items on him so no conversion needed. What I'm asking is basically do I HAVE to take the Power Fist as it's illegal to have all 3 items represented on his person.
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by distortiondave
    That's it tho, he has both of the items on him so no conversion needed. What I'm asking is basically do I HAVE to take the Power Fist as it's illegal to have all 3 items represented on his person.
    You may only hold 2 weapons, They would probably count as the weapons in his hands, as he holds them with in fact, his hands, so i would suggest you cut the powerfist off, if you like the model, otherwise buy a new HQ. m
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i was playing you in a "friendly" game, as long as you paid the points for all you intended on using, i would let you play the storm bolter, the powerfist and the powersword. I would just make sure you nominated which you intended to use before any assaults/charges/combats.

Ok this gives you an advantage of double strength attacks striking at I1, and no saves at normal Initiative, but you are paying the points for it, and it'd be all the sweeter seeing your captain who is generally overpriced normally, but even more expensive than normal, bite the dust from one of my Wulfen!!!
    Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
    13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

... and Daemonhunters make it three - now just need a spare room to store it all!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Technically WYSIWYG does not work in reverse.

You can use the model with 3 weapons, although in the game, he will only have 2 of them as the rules say models may only be equipped with 2 weapons.

Some judges may have problems with it, others will not. Be sure to ask the person running any tournaments before you use the model.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

If you cant have 3 weapons shown on a model using 2 weapons then why would deathwing terminators have a storm bolter and powerfist AND a sheethed sword on their hip?...
    If someone tells me i cant use them bcoz of that wysiwyg rule then they would most likely need terminator armour themselves bcoz i would be rather p*issed.

I myself am pretty lax on the wysiwyg rule. i can understnad it being strict in tournaments etc but in casual matches, WHO CARES. just bcoz my marines dont have grenades on their hips i wouldnt expect someone to say i cant give them frags. YOu could look at a real life soldier and not see any grenades but for all you know he could have 20 in his backpack.
    As long as it doesnt put me at any disadvantage (ie letting an opponent pretend his normal bolter is a heavy bolter or something similarly ridiculous) then i dont see why it matters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How i feel...

I feel you have no need to convert the model but you can only have two weapons. In game terms you have to take the power fist and storm bolter cuase your holding em'. The sword on the belt is purely decorational. Unless you want to convert i dont think you have any other tourney legal options!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast