Sgt Power Fists, need help. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Sgt Power Fists, need help.

Whenever i post an army list im told frenquently to give sergeants a powerfist & BP.
    the problem of this is actually GETTING powerfists! Can you buy sprues of them or are there certain models you can get that come with them or what?

I have an old squad of SM terminators that i dont need anymore bcoz i play dark angels and have new DW termies. so i was thinking of ripping the powerfists off of those, but they look a little too big on a normal size space marine.

So basically what i wanna know is, is it ok to use a terminator arm for a serg's powerfist (i would file off the terminator honours badge, and make it a little smaller etc). & if not. then how do u propose i go about getting some powerfists?

THanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DA_recruit
    So basically what i wanna know is, is it ok to use a terminator arm for a serg's powerfist (i would file off the terminator honours badge, and make it a little smaller etc). & if not. then how do u propose i go about getting some powerfists?

THanks.
    Of coures you can, I was thinking of doing the very same thing with my old terminators, and it actualy looks cool(if its cut neatly).

And I am pretty sure that you can buy sargents with power fists in a blister pack at GW.
    One Shot, One Kill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Wave
    And I am pretty sure that you can buy sargents with power fists in a blister pack at GW.
    Absolute worst case, you can pick up the Commander box. It's a bit more than a blister, but you get a -lot- of nifty little bits in that box. Plus, if you're willing to clip a bit, you can turn the Lightning Claw into a second Power Fist. I picked up one to practice playing around with magnets. The extra injection of special weapons was nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could also just buy the sprue in the assault squad that has all the power weapons and stuff and I think you also get some running legs Im not sure though.
    "They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x5)

Ah, I asked this question a long time ago myself, and so have already investigated the same problem myself. I decided in the end the best source for making powerfists is:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...028&orignav=10

If you chop the protruding elements off, the ends of the powerfists look like giant knuckle dusters....which is cool. Try ordering that sprue, gives you two powerfists for £2.50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

No no no... Get hold of this sprue: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...9014&orignav=9
    It is available from mail order and it also gives you a nice variety of other weapons. I have quite a few of these sprues lying around.
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

thanks guys but i went ahead last night and created a vetean sergeant with powerfist totally out of spare parts from a tactical squad box set (besides the back pack & back half of the torso which came off of an old marine). filed the badge off the terminator arm and used it. it turned out GREAT!. the only downside is that the terminator powerfists are open palmed so it doesnt look quiet as good as a clenched fist. which means you cant have him posing with the fist raised in the air as an angry battle cry etc etc..
    but it still looks good hanging to his side slighty out in front of him with the other bolt pistol (with scope) arm pointing up at 45 degrees, & head turned towards his left(powerfist arm). added afew extra detail parts like purity seals, pouches & those material type scrolls etc.

considering it didnt cost me a cent im very very pleased with it. THe moral of the story is HANG ON TO THOSE SPARE PARTS & OLD MODELS!
    if any of you are lucky enough to have some spare or old terminators that u dont need then i would definately reccomend trying this.

i would have gone with those sprues but bcoz i live in Australia its not worth paying the international postage cost to havbe something shipped from UK (and waiting 2 weeks) for a meesly 2-3 dollar sprue.

happy hunting.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Well, for every squad of normal marines you buy, id recommend a squad of wolves or Bts, As they come with a powerfist, powersword, melta gun, and other fun bits. Peace
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by BobaHat
    No no no... Get hold of this sprue: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...9014&orignav=9
    It is available from mail order and it also gives you a nice variety of other weapons. I have quite a few of these sprues lying around.
    Good advice if you want a variety of close combat weapons, but if you just want the powerfist I still say you should go with mine

4 Powerfists for £5 against 2 for £4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got mine from a Space wolves battle force box.
    The Bike spures coem with three fists and 6! Power weapons!

+ Reply to Thread