What is my problem with Blood Angels? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is my problem with Blood Angels?

It seems like every time I play my BA friend, he wins by far. Out of the 20 games we've had, i think I've only won 2. Now I'll admit that my firend is very good, but you would think I could do a little better. The strange thing is, that i play a Space Wolves friend alot too and have won every single game with at least a Victory, or Crushing Victory.I was just wondering what your experiences with blood angels have taught you about playing against BA. BTW I use a mostly gk list with a shooty =I= Lord and dreads for support. I have also recently started to use a few 5 man IST squads with no sergeant and 2 plasma guns in each to handle his death company. Any help is appreciated greatly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ridicoulus, I dont care how good he is a PAGK should be able to wipe the floor with a BA assault squad, period. If you really are having problems maybe you should try being as manuverable as he is, those jet packs almost ensure he gets the charge but upgrade some PAGK to teleporter GK and you will probably wreak some serious havoc. For elites, you might want to get an assassin like eversor or callidus to deal with his heavier hitters. What points are you using? because i garuntee you there is no HQ he can field short of dante himself that will go toe to toe with a pimped up GM.

Wrapping it up, more shooting, more charging, less losing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Itachi Uchiha
    Konoha's Morning Mist and the true
    Sharingan sucessor
    Itachi, we love you always
    Official Shodaime Hokage of the CON 2 Boards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe induct some IG with lascannons to take down his big things, so you can concentrate on his combat units. a Grandmaster with a retinue will rock anything he should be able to throw at you.
    A evisor/callidus assassin is also probably a good idea to look into if you are already fielding a Inquisitor. The callidus is infinantly useful. And if you want to think less and charge more, the evisor can really almost demolish an entire unit on the charge. 9 power weapon attacks that wound on 4's let you take down bigger things also.

He's coming for you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Kale De Veinsten
    Ridicoulus, I dont care how good he is a PAGK should be able to wipe the floor with a BA assault squad, period. What points are you using? because i garuntee you there is no HQ he can field short of dante himself that will go toe to toe with a pimped up GM.
    IMO, I have played BA and lots of other Assault Marine squad, and when they take a Chaplain (almost standard now) and Furious Charge with the Assault Marines, A Grand Master and Retinue usually will NOT win. We get out Initiatived, so they kill lots of our guys before we get to hit. Your idea of the IST squads with Plasma is good to whittle the squad down. A Leman Russ is good as well, then you would have to take two Armoured Fist squads (Lascannon, Plasma, vet Sgt). That will help out against BA, shoot a lot first!
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your GK storm bolters can seriously hurt an assault squad, because I have a Chappie led Assault squad, and my squad gets whittled down under the large amount of stormbolter fire. Because even 1 squad of ten shooting at the assault squad has 20 str 4 shots, that really hurts!

So, ya storm boters hurt. I also agree with Diggums, because a Lemon Russes st8 ap3 makes a large 10 man strong Assault Squad very, very small and withered
    One Shot, One Kill

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I played my friend again yesterday and didn't do as bad as i usually do. It was supposed to be a 750 pt 3 way batle with me, my friend, and another SW friend. However, the SW friend left early so it was just me and a list that i originally took to kill troops only.
    I took:

HQ
    GKBC

Elites
    =I= /w psycannon
    Gun Servitor with Plasma Cannon
    Sage

Troops
    10 IST
    2 /w plasma guns

9 Grey Knights

9 Grey Knights

He took:
    HQ
    Chaplain Lemartes(rolled for 6 free Death Company)

Elites
    Moriar the Chosen (Furioso Dreadnought Special Character)

Troops
    5 tactical squads

5 tactical squads

Heavy
    Baal Predator

So in the first turn, he rolls for red thirst and moves close enough for his death company to charge my Grey Knights. he charges, and proceeds to kill all 9 of them. His Baal Predator also killed 3 grey knights in the other squad. In my turn, I killed 3 deathcompany with my plasma cannon and 1 with psycannon. I also kill 1 more with an IST plasma gun. Then my grey knights charge and the death company are wiped out except for the chaplain. Next turn, I finish the chaplain and he kill most of my IST with Moriar the Chosen. my Inquisitor is killed by the baal predator, but my grey knights move and charge his tactical squad and kill all of them. Next turn however, he killed the rest of my GK with the predator and moriar.

In all
    I lost everything
    he lost all but 4 tactical marines Moriar the Chosen, and his Baal predator.

I didn't do that bad actually i think, because I really didn't have anything to kill his tanks anyway(except for gk but thats a poor substitute for anti tank weaponry) if the SW friend had played, he probably would have kill his vehicles, and I could have won maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

At small games, BA are very difficult, because of the "free" DC, but play at 1500pts, add on some IG with Las/Plasma, and it will be a different story.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't take a special character in a 750 points army. Or is he an exeption that doesn't follow that rule.
    DonĀ“t mess with the dicegod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    100 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusGaiusCaesar
    It seems like every time I play my BA friend, he wins by far. Out of the 20 games we've had, i think I've only won 2.
    Well done, I've yet to win a game aginst my BA friend. I basically kick any inexperienced players ass, draw with the vets (and sometimes lose) at my gaming club, but this guy always wins.

It's the bloody Death Company and assault squads, they fly over the table, decimate your men, and whatever is left of your gk's after you eventualy destroy them, gets shot by marines with heavy weapons.

I think BA can be really overpowered if you have an experienced player, who knows the winning composition of a BA army.

There's also a kid at our club who played ultramarines, and changed to BA so he could win for once, and then his death company got beat down by guardsmen. In close combat. Goes to show how much tactics and experience work in a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dr_nick22

There's also a kid at our club who played ultramarines, and changed to BA so he could win for once, and then his death company got beat down by guardsmen. In close combat. Goes to show how much tactics and experience work in a game.
    Guardsmen can get alot of attacks in CC. they might not be that strong but 40 attacks can seriously hurt even a SM. for the guard quantity is prior to quality.
    DonĀ“t mess with the dicegod

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast