maneuver warfare - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maneuver warfare

I am i non-player i.e i dont have an army, though i do like to therorise. And i finaly have saved up enough money to buy one of the army box sets. Now i like Maneuver warfare i.e warfare which focuses more on getting into a good position for a long firefight. Crossfire featues strongly in this things like that. So i need an army thats fast, strong, is not to delicate(cause im not shooting back untill its all ready), and can adapt to new situations fast. And i heard the army im looking for is the space mariens. So if you guys can give me some advice as to building the army im looking for id really apreat it and also if the space marines are not the army im looking for coul you guys tell me what im looking for

For lack of a nail, the shoe was lost
    for lack of a shoe, the horse was lost
    for lack of a horse, the rider was lost
    for lack of a rider, the message was lost
    for lack of a message, the battle was lost
    for lack of a battle, the war was lost;
    for lack of a war, the kingdom was lost

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Marines are the army for you, they are rock hard and can take on anyone anywhere. Almost every unit can have a transport and they get access to cheap heavy weapons.

I would build your force around three tactical squads in rhinos (see the codex) and of course, a commander.

Add to that a dreadnaught and maybe a predator and you have an army!

My advice would be to buy the megaforce, two rhinos and probably a landspeeder.

Hope this helps in your quest for an army.

P.S Marines rule!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest if you are looking for a fast, maneuvarable army that can crush the enemy in a firefight as well as fast and deadly hand to hand action, I think Dark Eldar is the army for you. Granted they are the most difficult army to play and master, but once you get a hang of using their lightning fast speed, deadly firepower, awesome close combat skills, and lack of armor... you will find it hard to lose games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Eldar are an army that can put out an obscene amount of short-range firepower coupled with superior mobility - Wave Serpents are the best troop carriers in the game, in my opinion - but are comparatively frail next to Space Marines and other big-tough-guy armies, especially in close combat. Eldar tanks are excellent, and they can put some heavy infantry on the field in the form of Striking Scorpions. The trick with Eldar, so I hear, is to position them just right so that you can get the maximum amount of ranged firepower and then retreat before they can counter.

Dark Eldar are different. They hit hard, fast, and generally can't be defended against, but have the lowest armour in the game and, unlike Eldar, have no heavy infantry to speak of. If you want speedy, they're the ones, but they are very difficult to get the hang of. You'll have a lot of losses before you get used to them. Dark Eldar also suffer the calls of cheese more often than other armies.

Space Marines as maneuverable; Land Speeders and Bikes are as maneuverable as you'll get. Space Marines are far more durable than Eldar, which is what I think you're looking for, so you'll want Speeders and Bikes, both of which can put out a large amount of shooty firepower combined with the ability to get in the right position.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that based on what you said about ranged weapons fire, coupled with the ability to move around that either of these two general ideas might be what you're looking for.

1) A devastator/tank heavy army that mainly uses heavy weapons firepower to destroy the opponent, but also has some smaller fast elements that can close with the enemy, take objectives, or defend your main firing line. Could be tactical squads with heavy weapons, devs, vehicles (predators or dreads) for most of the firing and assault squads, speeders and/or bikes as the faster part.

2) An army like the Space Wolves. Carry a great deal of medium and shorter ranged high power weapons (plasma pistol, meltas), along with CC upgrades. You could maneuver close and shread people from 12" or less and then engage them in CC to finish the deal. Traits like cleanse and purify, take the fight to them, and see but not be seen could help in creating something. Drop pods, rhinos or infiltration would be your means of delivery.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Well, as said above Dark eldar sound somewhat like what your looking for, however, if you want the kings of lightening fast strikes, and uber firepower, ravenwing is the army for you. DE is probably more forgiving of the 2, since you dont have to try to learn the basics while holding onto a speeder for dear life. However, if what you want, is an army that moves once, or never moves, and then starts basting away, IG may be what your searching for. Finally a drop poding army of space marines may just be what you wanted, since with proper triats they can hold quiet a lot of fire power, and be really tough to knotch out in CC. Anyway Peace
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Craftworld eldar can take quite a beating and get a lot of guns for long range and short range firefights. With units like the falcon grav tank, vypers and guardians you can have an army that can outmanouvre and outshoot anything. With the right upgrades they can be very difficult to shift, even if their low armour and toughness makes them look weak.

In terms of space marines; predators, dreadnoughts and land speeders are where it is at. Backed up by tactical and terminator squads, you can have a go anywhere, do anything army. Just expect the Eldar to tear you to pieces .

Of course, there are always Orks/Kult of Speed. Loadsa guns, loadsa cheap guns on vehicles and loadsa guys. If there is someone who thinks that Orks can't do firepower, they haven't played against the right Ork armies...

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark angels Raven wing...
    An army of Bikes and speeders with the traits of Marines, look for the Dark Angels codex and Modles by the Space Marine ones at GW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

I would suggest Ravenwing.

In 1500 pts, you can easily fit in 10 LSTs with a total of 40 rending shots per turn plus the bikers with meltaguns. All units can move 24" a turn, Master on speeder gives incredible tactical flexibility, and bikers are for taking out toughies like TMCs and vehicles.

I would wait for Chaosbyrnn to reply here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Course a mechanized IG army could be what you are looking for to.

Command Squad in a Transport
    Mech Platoon in 3 transports
    Armored Fist Squad in Transport
    some Sentinels and medium tank (flamer one)
    2-3 leman russ's

Lost of fire power, some crunchies (40 troops or so), units that ignore the reserve rules (Sentinels some with Lascannon, flamer or Autocannon), and some of the best tanks in the game.

Small army but powerful. However it does best when sitting still or doing some bounding overwatch with the ordinance templates.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast