Improved Comms - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Improved Comms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Improved Comms

Okay, I know I've asked this before (in the general rules forum), but the more I've been looking around and reading other posts, rules, comments, etc, the more I'm questioning my take. So, I'll ask again for clarification...

My question: If I take multiple vehicles with improved comms, do I get to reroll multiple reserves rolls, one for each improved comms setup I've taken?

I ask because the IG codex wording for Improved Comms can be taken either way: "... the improved comms allow the [IG] player to re-roll one Reserves roll per turn ...". Now, this is a vehicle upgrade, and thusly I could equip multiple vehicles with Improved Comms. Nowhere does it state that these improved comms stack; similarly, it doesn't state that they don't. At 20 points a pop, this is an expensive upgrade; but if you plan on playing a drop troop army (which I do), then they could be more than worth their points in strategic value by being able to pull in (or hold back) multiple reserve units each turn.

Personally, I'm leaning towards thinking that it's a one to one ratio of improved comms and re-rolls. The guy I play against most probably wouldn't mind seeing that as being valid (we play for fun, unless he's playing 'Nids, at which point he becomes cut-throat). So, I'm just wondering what the IG community's take was on the use and abilities of improved comms, and also whether they're worth it or not, etc.

Thanks in advance!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Yes, multiple improved comms will let you reroll the reserves roll for multiple units, however, keep in mind that no rerolls can be rerolled, so unless you've got one unit in reserve for each improved comm, the bonus from having several is lost.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

+ Reply to Thread