Gk Termies Vs Normal Gks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am incorperating some grey knights into my space wolf army and I at the moment, I have 6 GKs. I was wondering if I should get more normal grey knights, for 2 squads, or get some GK termies instead. The only thing I was worrying with the termies is that T4, and 1 wound may make them quite fragile, compared to their cost (pointswise).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say go with the Power armored ones, they have great firepower and can take two special weapons per squad. Also Space wolf base troops are high enough in points cost, the last thing you need is something with an even higher price come in. I would only take the power armored grey knights just for the sheer amount of firepower you can bring to bear in one squad, have them attack alongside a large squad of 15 blood claws and give the 3 blood claws power fists, you can charge through an entire army with those. Genestealers kicking your ass? Those stormbolters and psycannons will take care of those. Tough hq to tackle? Grey knights with the blood claws with power fists will make short work of any hq unit they come across.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, from my experiance the storm bolters are fun but it's all about the power NFW's. so in other words you want to teleport and get into close combat. A full sqaud of regular GK can usually garantee me at least 2-4 kills against regular marines, but the Justicar also packs a power weapon that can easily take care of three marines in one assault fase. A 5-man squad of GKT for around the same point-cost can easily get rid of a full marine squad in one assault fase.
    So how I look at it is this: you teleport a 9-man squad on to the battle field ripping up any weak troops as you go. then they have a full turn to shoot at you before you can move. with 9 GK you can count on at the very least that power weapon geting into close combat and terring up the competiters( instant kill weapons can only tak so many shots).
    IF you teleport a 5-man GKT squad in you have a lot more chance of the whole squad being killed in shooting but if you place right and close to the enemy , you can garantee casualties to your opponent ( big ones)

good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on who you are fighting against. Against Power-Armored enemies, go with the terminator; against armies like Orks and Tyranids go with the regular grey knights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what would u use against tau?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say go with termies, tau can be very evil if you dont protect yourself from the range and some krootz, and I know there vicous! My friends kroot squad of 16 pulverised this guy who played SM. But in the end kroot lost cuz they have ***** ARMOR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Against Tau you won't be able to outshoot them, so go with the assaultiness. GK terminators also have a 2+ save, forcing your opponent to divert some of his oh-so-precious plasma rifle fire towards them. When they get there they will also tear through anything a tau opponent can put in his way, and in addition can pop up anywhere, which means wherever your opponent doesn't want them to be at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its 1000 points, use the terminators and deepstrike them, or just use the power armors. If its anything more then 1250, use the Terminators. They just hurt in close combat. Because, sending them up against BloodThirsters is fun: They can win half the time!

Closed Thread