Cannoness Query - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannoness Query

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannoness Query

After a bit of advice from the forum i played a tooled up Cannoness in my last game, jump pack, blessed weapon, etc. when i charged her into combat and rolled SR Hand of the Emperor. I had 4 str 7 attacks at initiative 1, i had also armed her with frags, now as far as i can see this means she now attacks at the same time due to there effect, my opponent disagreed with this, anyone see a problem with this? (not the disagreement, but the effect of the nades)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I'm pretty sure she will always attack at Initiative 1 when that happens; similar effects to a Power Fist. Frag grenades, etc. have no effect on the I of a model with a Power Fist equivalent, and since it is a special rule there, I would think the frags would have no effect with that one, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that it ends up working sort of like the Hammerhand psychic power or the powerfist, and sadly, I believe that hand of the emperor will override the initiave bonus granted by frag grenades. If you could get 4 S7 attack at initiave 10...that would be scary!!!
    Exorcist Kills:
    Predator Annihilator
    Skyray
    Leman Russ
    Pirahna
    Chimera
    Wartrukk
    Nob
    5 Tactical Squad Marines
    2 Raiders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure she will always attack at Initiative 1 when that happens; similar effects to a Power Fist. Frag grenades, etc. have no effect on the I of a model with a Power Fist equivalent, and since it is a special rule there, I would think the frags would have no effect with that one, too.
    I had thought about that, but there is no statment in the rules for either the weapon or the Sacred Rite that it is to be treated as per a Power Fist equivalent.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiax
    I had thought about that, but there is no statment in the rules for either the weapon or the Sacred Rite that it is to be treated as per a Power Fist equivalent.
    Well, I'd think it's safe to assume that, since it's a "special" rule, like the Power Fist has a special rule, then it would not be effected by frags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, actual word from GW itself is that if its not written in the rules (Codex, Chapter Approved or net update) then don't assume, so by that notion its still legal and has the desired effect doesn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

I think the incentive is to make her always strike last. If you read "the passion" GW has tried to prevent people from making her strike other than last if you use "Hand of the emperor", i belive thats how it should be played. But saying that, there isn't anything stating that frag grenades loose their ability when charging into cover. Aiyiyi, confusing problem here

My opinion, try to get the other player to agree to how you want to play it, if you both don't agree roll a dice or flip a coin to determine which should be used.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People in cover count as being initiative 10. Frag grenades give you initiative 10 when assaulting into cover hence going at the same time. Now comes the problem of this Act of Faith. It counts as initiative 1. States pretty clearly. Based on this it hits last.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by cntrypunk
    People in cover count as being initiative 10. Frag grenades give you initiative 10 when assaulting into cover hence going at the same time. Now comes the problem of this Act of Faith. It counts as initiative 1. States pretty clearly. Based on this it hits last.
    Solid correct. Frags have no effect over initiative 1 weapons in any circumstances. In fact, there is no circumstnce I can think of which changes the value of an Initiative 1 Weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

lol i'll be a pain and just say what was said before, this is an act of faith which adds +2strength to the user, it has got nothing to do with a weapon. If it was a weapon like the power fist im sure no one would have bothered with this post. Read abover for more info.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast