Im Looking To Start A Sister Of Battle Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as i no they are basically rookie space marines(armour save and initiative as space marines but lousy ws,bs,s etc.) Are they a shooting or combat based army or a bit of both? any help would be appretiated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Sistem Mel has posted a considerable amount on this, however:

You are correct to a degree with your initial assesment but you are missing:

The troop choices lack cehicles

The troop choices lack access to heavy weapons

The only hevy weapons available at all are H Bolters, H Flamers and Multi metlas although it is possible to incorperate missile launchers through exosists or HK missiles.

There is a real lack of heavy armour, the best armour available is Rhino

Fast attack is weak - they can take a troop choice in a rhino, but with WS, S and T low they dont really cut it as asult troops, or serephim, which can be realy awsome but only if you use them well and couple their use with faith because by themselves they dont cut it either compaired to more conventional SM assult squads.

Redemptionists presenmt an interesting new qwerk for a marine player but it looks like they will dissapear come april.

What you get therefore is a large, foot slogging, poor quality short range army but with an alarming capacity to damage things at shooting if in range and a rather worrrying tendancy to stay on their feet when hit and wounded.

Couple to this Faith, Faith can turn Serephim (rather mediocre jump pack troops) into avneging angels from hell, can turn other units into all sorts of stuff, it can be used to move fast and assult quickly, it can be used to turn units into Blood angels death company like unkillable merchants, it can be used to turn the entire army unbreakable and it can be used to almost give squads power weapons. But it does run out.

Sisters can therefore produce a challenging but entirely useable Tactical army.

I have been playing for over 25 years, my kids started playing this year, sisters are my only army with which they stand a chance of beating me, but I do love em (the sisters, not the kids, they are a pain in the ar@e
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol good call on the kids. i think you just talked me out of getting the sisters though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

They certainly are not for everyone, I would not advocate them for a newbie to 40K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhhh! im no newbie! i've already got a 2500+pt iron warrior army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

Sory, wasnt suggesting you wre, just trying to point out their dificulties, I find them far harder to win with than my eldar, and I dont use Avatars, wraithlords and a real minimum of star cannon, so they are a challenge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would be a good armie for a newbie?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

space marines, and NOT because they have great stat lines, but because you can outfit them for any situation. Instead of being creative with how you use your bolter weilding troops and assault saraphim, you can be creative with how you use your army list. If you face an army, and you know roughly how it works you can build your army list to match them instead of trying silly things like: destroying a monolith with an exrosist. They are also more forgiving if you screw up, because your troops can hold their own.

Closed Thread