Penitent Engines? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Penitent Engines?

Does noone ever use them? The models are amazing, and though they are lightly armored, they seem like they could ravage things in hand to hand as long as you keep them out of sight as much as possible.

He's coming for you...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See this thread on why they look cool, but aren't good to field.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=53355 (Are Penitent Engines ANY good?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I field them from time to time. It depends on what army I'll be facing. I have used them successfully against Blood Angels and Imperial Guard so far.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

my 2000 point list will include 3 PEs, and 19 Repentia! I'm Crazy!

As for the comment in the other thread about the Priest, he'll fit in nicely with my Repentia!

I'll bre taking them no matter what, mostly because I want a challenge when I play. I don't want to win because I took 3 Exorcists, I want to win because I played a tactical game, using everything as effectivly as possible, and never giving up, trying teh imposiible, and maybe succeeding every now and again.

If you want to use them go for it, let your opponant laugh when he may face 18 DCCW attacks.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

hmmm i don't use them coz i dont want to spend £90 on three models, i have other things in my life that require money other than warhammer

Other than that I wouldn't mind using some once in a while but they'd be in units of three :/
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

they just dont fit into the theme of my army, and I ran out of HS slots ages ago
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too am considering them...but I am hesitant. I just donno if I wann spend 35$ apiece on 'em. and very few people play wh at the L.A. Bunker so I never get to see 'em in action. pity.

^click it for warhammer central^

Anime Clan. Join it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me personally run them in my smaller point army i run 3 and just walk I mean there armor is bad but that’s why you hide them in terrain then have them pounce out I mean 6 inch move could fleet in sense another 6 then charge 6 your going to catch them im getting ready to run it in a tournament and ill let you know how they do.
    (While they do the hard work the sisters in the rear with the gear will prepare.):yes:
    I will return and conquest will show results.
    "Die, but do not retreat." Joseph Stalin (1879 - 1953)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok Ill be waiting...mwhahahaha.

^click it for warhammer central^

Anime Clan. Join it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok this tournament does not count as any proof of the goodness of the engine.And no I didn’t do bad I did great but of course it would against the army’s I went against. Game one I went against a fire warrior lover who had like one anti vehicle weapon in the whole army and well I went first and got some nice terrain and slautered him. Game two necrons which at first I was afraid but that soon disappeared when he ran towards me turn one and had his scarabs yes disputing scarabs try to get me to no avail while well flamer charge massacre game rather soon when I shot 20 shot at one glancing it to shake it to heck which as you know I ignore then 20 shots again to immobilize it which was pointless because after all three flaming it was pointless because he would need to save all but like 5 to stay alive which didn’t happen
    and poor lord ran away from my assaulting machines no sweeping dow .Then last game which was the only good one where yes I finally used my sisters as something other then a distraction. I played thousand sons and it was annoying it was like psy atk psy atk ki away nooooooo.Until finally he lost a large squad to a ki and it contained the HQ which was psy atk constantly until pentient 3 came and finished them off. I lost 2 that time to I think bolt of change our something like that. Well from these sad games ive determined there good against bad players our noobs and non cc army’s imagine that. Of course I didn’t play daemon hunters our black templar all 5 of them that were there. I came in first as well I love victory points.
    "Die, but do not retreat." Joseph Stalin (1879 - 1953)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast