hmmmmm - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

hmmmmm

Marines CC 500 point combat patrol i am playin a tournament and need advice for a CC (i collect raven guard) combat patrol 500 points of Close combat wat should i chose

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

scouts are pretty good for CC, but I would just take tactical squads with a hidden powerfists and a chaplin, at 400 point level the chaplin is a close combat monster.

A few special weapons here and there and you're away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

maybe but...

I know wat makes marines good are the marines but Cc is excellent for small battles

And beware my shrikes wing took out 19 necrons in one assault phase muahahaha

i was thinkin of some shotguny scouts, RG rules make em really good and a tornado and some assault squads to do some real assault. i love to deploy via drop pods and cause a massacre which made me collect RG also i love small armies like them there soo rich 4 history!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Not bad, I just think scouts have to be careful because of their armour, how many armies get cheap H. bolters (and equivalents)?

I do not fear your puny warriors, when I awaken none shall stand before me and my disciples! *insert evil laugh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

maybe

Scouts save isnt bad a 4+ easily beats 5+ of eldar orks and guard they are toughness 4 too making them slightly better + necrons are unbalnced some guy said a monolith gun has too hit and anyone within an ordance blast plate suffers 1 wound is this true?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

251 (x8)

No, the ordanance weapon is just like a normal ordanance weapon. The gauss flux arc are what you have to worry about (the 4 guns poking out the sides), each gun can hit a different unit, with up to 6 shots per gun and up to a massive 24 wounds can be inflicted!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Scouts. Seriously, best CC option at a low points cost. Disperse a few vet. sergeants with power weapons here and there if you can spare the points.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many people dont like shotgun scouts but I will always stand by them a ten man squad moves into position fires 20 str3 shots then assaultas with 20 attacks not to mention if its v et srg. you kitted with a sick cc weapon as well as a shotgun. My 1 of 2 of my greatest moment in warhammer involved a 6 man squad of shot scouts without a vet. taking down 5 termies and suffering only one wound in return.:w00t:
    "They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

shotguns

hahah in my codex i made u can see it in the my other thread RAVEN GUARD CODEX in this bit and the house rules bit i have made shotguns excellent in CC scouts are generally now DW kill teams!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shotguns are for LOOKING cool - LOOKING.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher_Redeemed
    Many people dont like shotgun scouts but I will always stand by them a ten man squad moves into position fires 20 str3 shots then assaultas with 20 attacks not to mention if its v et srg. you kitted with a sick cc weapon as well as a shotgun.

Lets think about this.

When you charge
    10 scouts with shotguns = 20 str3 shots + 20 str 4 close combat attacks

10 scouts with ccw + b.p. = 10 str4 shots + 30 str 4 close combat attacks

Subsequent rounds
    10 scouts with shotguns = 10 str4 close combat attacks

10 scouts with ccw + b.p. = 20 str 4 close combat attacks

So basically, on the charge you are getting the total chances to hit with both weapons but with the shotgun some are weaker. On all other assault phases (or if you are charged) the ccw scouts get twice the number of attacks

IMHO:
    Bolters are for shooty scouts
    CCW + BP are for combat scouts
    Shotguns are for Eavy Metal showcases :rolleyes:

PS. CaptShrike can you please sort out your spelling and try to write in sentences. We all make typos but your posts are absolutely awful to read.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast