New Sisters Of Battle Army, Need Help Expanding It - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

I just got myself a small starting army and maybe you could give me some valueable hints about expanding it.

So far I got this.

1 Canoness
    1 Standard Bearer
    16 Battle Sisters
    4 Sister Superior
    10 Seraphin with Sister Superior
    4 Flamers
    1 Heavy Flamer
    1 Melta
    2 Multimelta
    3 Heavy Bolter
    3 Immolators
    1 Rhino

I have access to 2 Whirlwind tanks that can pose as Exorcist tanks. And I can draw on Imperial Guard models for neat trick to get an Elite or Standard Imperial Unit through connections from a special sister type (don´t remember the name right now).

Comments? Hints? Advice? Serious only please.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Hmm OK observations:

1. you dont state a particular army you are gonna fight against or apoints value so I assume this is a generic core
    2. You have maxed out on some things (Imolators for example)

but generally:
    You are missing troops, you have less than 2 full troop choices, you probably need twice as many sisters as you actual have. You may want to consider redemptionists but the general rumour is they will dissappear in Witchhunters so I wouldnt bother
    Even with what you have you are suffering from one huge gap - priestly delegation - you need em, fil lyour boots
    I would also suggest nocking together a coup0le of army lists, say 1000 and 1500 points, and that should tell you what you are short of
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mainly I am gonna go and fight against Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Tau, Orkz and Necrons.

We play a campaign, so points will usually over 1500 a battle. I need more troops, that´s alright.

But what´s the deal about Priestly Delegation? In my edition of the SoB-Codex, it states that you can repeat all hth-attacks once when a priest is in the unit. So you want to take as many priests as you got units to get the benefit of it? However it takes up an elite slot. So I need to decide if I use a dominator squad or a celestian squad or an vindicare assassion or an elite unit of Imperial Guard for the remaining 2 slots. What´s better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

You need to pull the latest SoB codex off the GW site

yes a priestly delegation will cost your one elite slot, but it adds hugely to its faith points and makes any unit it acomanies Faithful, the misionary (or is it the confessor?) gives you that re roll only on the turn you charge but I suspect you have not got the rules for Faith, seriously, the current most up to date army list is on the games workshop site, download it and you will see what i mean
    Faith turns serephim, essentialy a light assult squad, into a fast and devestating carnage machine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the German rules, and it´s the confessor who can make you reroll all of your first attacks in closecombat phase. Sounds rather nasty because you can equip him and the sister superior with power weapons.

And you are right, each of them adds to faithpoints, however they are rather expensive when give them plasma pistols, powerweapon and the cheap 5+ armor.
    Hope they will cut it in battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

I usually just use priests, one in each and every unit (except serephim) to get the faith and throw in the odd plasma gun,
    The confessor (Die Bundesconfessor?) I only really use in a celestian bodygaurd - mainly because you can turn this unit into an uber killing machine by ugrading to all the special sisters (Hospitaler, famulous, banner bearer etc and get em each power weapons - couple that with faith and you get the charging machine from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to mention that the confessor models are really pricy. And it´s die Bundeschancellor not confessor.

Well, looks like I need to get more standard troops and some priests to begin small scale playing.

Anybody of you have experience with taking an elite unit of the imperial guard into the army list?

Closed Thread