Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I was at a hobby shop that was liquidating it's GW stuff yesterday and then impulse bought a 2k point SW 13th company army, I'm looking forward to using it, but I've got a few questions.
1. Do 13th company still have all of the Space Wolves special rules? Most notably, counter attack, blood fued, accute sense, and no matter the odds. It does not specifically say they do or don't in the blurb about them in Codex: Eye of Terror.
2. A normal Space Wolves Rune Priest has stormcaller, does this also apply to the 13th Company Rune Priest? Or is his power replaced by the new one?
3. The way a Space Wolves army works, it very well could need more then 3 HQ's in larger scale games, however, in their list, the 3 HQ choices are either 1 or 0-1, so what if I need a 4th HQ?
4. It says in their codex that the 13th Company cannot take imperial allies, can they still take Kroot or Harliquins (sp?)? (Harlies and 13th Co seem to be a good combo fluffwise)
"And any man who comes through this fight mostly unharmed will be my sister! It'll be free frocks and jollies for ever, you'll see!"
- Rome: Total War
9th Black Watch (Imperial Guard) 4000 points
Red Corsairs of Khorne 2000 points
Space Wolves 13th Company 2000 points
1. Yes, it says at the begining of the list that they have all the rules normal SW do.
2. Storm caller is replaced by 'the gate'
3. I noticed that and i'm not sure.
4. I believe it says they can take no allies but I would say no anyway.
Hope this helps.
From a fluff perspective, 13th Company would not be participating in larger scaled battles as they are a "small independent warband"Originally Posted by Ubernyaw
However, from a rules perspective, you would have to fall back to using multiple Force Organization Charts. So once you'd maxed out 2250 pts with 3 mandatory HQs you would add another Force Org. Chart which would require an additional Lord HQ and 2 more Troop choices at the very least.
I have found http://wulfen.cjb.net/ to be helpful in understanding 13th Company.
I'm currently working on my own 13th company force.
[COLOR=DarkRedI got my tournament t-shirts at mathhammer.net[/COLOR]