New to Armored Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Armored Company

**EDIT: Just realized I posted this in Army Lists and not the general IG area... can't figure out how to delete it because I'm a dumbass... can't move it myself, either... :-\ **

I've been playing aIG for a little while, and have suddenly found myself with enough tanks to actually be able to field an AC army!

I'm wondering which tanks and what layouts are best? I play against two different SM armies (one troop-heavy and the other relying more on vehicles), and I'm not sure what to field.

So far I'm thinking A LR Vanquisher for my HQ and two vanilla LRs for my troops. Then I have a Bassie and a Demolisher (I know I'll field the bassie, not sure about the Dmolisher). I also am thinking of fielding a Techpriest in a chimera or a squad of Storm Troopers, maybe a Hellhound...

Which doctrines are best to take? Against an assault-oriented SM army I was thinking of taking the one that lets my sponsons fire in CC and evasive driving, as well as anti-mag armor or heavy ceramite... again, not sure!

I've looked through the different AC lists but there's a decent amount of variety so I figured I'd appeal to all who've played AC so that I might learn from their mistakes.

Lastly, what's the best layout for a LR, gun-wise, against SM? I keep seeing people post about how great it is to have three HBs, but I almost feel like a hull LC might be more useful against my smurfy foes...

I know experience is the best way of finding this stuff out, but I've lost to him so many times at this point that I want to win one flat-out! Thanks guys!

Last edited by kidsyndrome; January 13th, 2006 at 23:44.

+ Reply to Thread