Shooty, Shooty, and more... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shooty, Shooty, and more...

my little brother is 8 got my 10 yr old lil brother's space marines (he left for some pirate game). My little brother has never been in hth before, but i play eldar, so im not sure if thats a smart idea (ahem). we have a fair number (1500+ pts) of vanilla space marines.

here is my question: is there an army that i can easily convert to, or a set of traits recommended, for making a really shooty shooty army (preferably more shooty than tau). If this affects anything he wants them orange and white.

btw, in the 3rd ed rulebook it had this funky orange blood angels asp. champ i think halfway between the basic army lists... can anyone give me a link to how to paint him my brother looves that paint scheme. A-HA! the char i was thinking of was Lord Dante (any link to Dante's Inferno, and the 9 circles of hell??? ;p)

All help is appreciated!

Last edited by farseer_seele; January 14th, 2006 at 16:04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shooty

I'm not to sure abput traits but he will wan't alot of bloter(of course) and maybe AC and Hvy bolters and probably some mre rapid fire or assult weapons. Hope I helped a little
    «Ares is the only way to be happy.»

Know Arise a Knight, and go forth and take your vengence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honour your wargear then give tank hunters to a 4 man missile team. Its Cheaper then lascannons and is still great aginst infantry.

Also a bunch of five man tac squads with plasma guns and lascannons.
    A whirlwind for takeing out infintry or mining aproaches to your base.
    A predator anihilator for tank hunting, with Heavy Bolter sponsoons.
    Posiboly one or two units ready for counter assault like an assault squad with an attached chaplin.
    Also if you play alot of horde armys a 8-10 man dev squad with 4 heavy bolters is good. Or even 3 land speeder tornados.

I typed this with one hand! Excues typos!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -31 (x0)

Howdy,

Last night, I got beat by the single most shooty army I have ever seen. It was a vanilla marines force at 1850 points.

my opponent used a 62 point commander with a bolt pistol and CCW, for his HQ, since the HQ's don't add to the shooting, he didn't waste points on it. The key to his army, as that everything had a purpose, and a straight forward purpose, with no other options. He ran 4 small troops choices, of 5 men with a lascannon and plasma gun per squad, but gave each squad a razorback transport. 2 of the razorbacks had TL Heavy Bolters, and 2 had TL lascannons. He then had 6 Land Speeder Tornados with AC/HB, and 2 Dreadnoughts with no upgrades excpet extra armor. Then for heavy support he had 2 predator DESTRUCTORS, with HEAVY BOLTER SPONSONS..... that was caps, becase notice, it can move and fire all weapons, and it is good against lightly armored targets. The razorbacks and the rending AC's kill the opponents armor. He then had 2 small scout squads with missile launchers for the last options in his force.

His force was awesome, I maybe took out 300 points of his army before I was killed complety.

THings I would not use in a PURE shooty army:

Assault marines/chappy - just drawing points away from your army's true function.

Predator Annihilator with Heavy Bolter sponsons - in a shooty army, you want everthing that is shot to have the maximum effect, and so if you shoot at infantry with this tank, the TL las will suck, and if you shoot atk tanks with this, the Heavy Bolters are a waste. Go with the destructor or the all las cannon versions of this tank.

Power weapons - again, drawing points away from the point of this army

Whirlwinds - not good against most armies, and they usually don't make their points, which is what YOU HAVE TO HAVE in a shooty army.

Basically, anything that doesn't have the potential to damage with all of its weapons in a turn, you shouldn't have. Also, don't draw points away from the purpose of the army.

That's it!
    TSg.t Zakarius Clay
    142nd Cadian, Stationed Planet Skyfall B
    4th Brigade, 1st Battalion, 1st Co.
    'The Pathfinders', Drop Team - 6

Pssst.... give me kudos....

+ Reply to Thread