Daemonettes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daemonettes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemonettes

I played a game today in an on going campaign and got totally annilated by a group og 8 not just ormal mounted daemonettes which really sucked.this is what i was playing(P.S. This campaign you start at 750 work way up.)I had
    1-Grand Master,psy cannon,master crafted force weapon
    5-Grey knight+Justicar
    5-Grey knight+Justicar
    land raider crusader,psy bullets
    mecked out inquisitor.
    And because some speciel rolls from landing on a place i got 3 slavers.(Chaos thingy i think:shifty: )
    He played
    3-Squads of sound marines
    1-lord
    1-Defiler
    and the mounted daemonettes

Now all this boiles down to is he slautered me.And wondered how you deal with these reacurring monsters of heck i mean rending AWwwWWwwWWwwWW :sleep: wow almost fell asleep well help would be nice on how to control daemon packs thx for any help.

"Die, but do not retreat." Joseph Stalin (1879 - 1953)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Daemonettes are really dangerous on the charge... they hit as hard as stealers. By most people they are considered the most cost effective daemon. I play a lot of chaos, and rarely leave home without a squad of daemonettes, and often mounted daemonettes.

Its important to keep in mind that daemonettes are just as dangerous as stealers on the charge. I use daemonettes to take out tyrants, fexes, lords etc. If at all possible try to deal with them by shooting at them. They handle shooting far worse than stealers due to lower toughnes and often a poorer armor save.

Since daemonettes are summoned they have an advantage. You cannot know exactly where they come or even when. However, the opponent usually has the same problem. That means that the units he plan to use to summon the daemonettes will have to get as close to your lines as possible. Often bikers are used for this job. If you can kill the bikers, and/or surround them in cc it will be difficult to safely summon the daemonettes (goes for any kind of summoned daemon).

A chaos player knows that he cannot rely on his daemonettes to scatter in the right direction. Therefore he will seek out opportunities to place an icon in close proximity to several of your units. If you can deny him such sweet spots you make summoning an altogether more riske business for him.

It goes without saying that should the chaos player ever be so unlucky as to summon his daemonettes in a position where they cannot reach cc, then you must take that opportunity to gun them down. Daemonettes die fast to any kind of rapid fire.

If you see a squad of bikers racing towards you, it may be prudent to retreat into cover. Cover will make you strike first against the daemonettes, and they cannot stand being hit since they have so low toughnes and save.

The main reason why I use mounted daemonettes is that they are so fast, thus almost guaranteeing me that they get to charge the round they are summoned. Ask any chaos player, and he will tell you that daemonettes out side cc are dead, simple as that.

Keep in mind that any summoning requires a chaos icon. If you can find a way to kill the icon bearer... do it.

I know I have not given you any simple, easy to implement solutions. Thats because there really are none. Its easy to say "shoot them", but the window of opportunity is at best one round. And often the daemonettes are in cc the very same round they hit the table. Your best bet is to keep the summoning rules in mind and try to avoid setting up sweet spots where a group daemonettes will be able to charge no matter how they scatter.

Arizzar
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky,
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

I'd say part of the problem is your list. Too many expensive things, not a solid enough core. What's the point of the LRC - you can't put more than one squad in there anyways. And why are those GK units so small?

I'd take a Brother-Captain, two maxed (or as close as possible) GK units, and a GK Dread. Right now you're running a not very solid list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to help out your army i reckon you shud drop the LR and have a few more incinerators or psy cannons. in fact a purgeicain squad wouldn't go a miss if your fighting daemons. or maybe just a lord with sanctuary to benefit your stronger units. or scourging show them the true might

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are a little points heavy,
    but frankly there isnt much that you can do. imo the sustained assault rule is BROKEN . any smart chaos player up against gk should take at least 1 unit of FAST daemons, furies or daemonettes. they might not even kill anything but being able to tie up any unit you want for the entire game pays off. i have run across this problem time and time again - trust me it gets worse when you are playing an objective game - one time i rolled up a "gauntlet" mission against a guy with a few packs - needless to say limited movement and infinite numbers of daemos spawning from the table edge i was marching twords made it impossible. because there are so many chaos players in the area i have given up on using gk (esp since i rarely go pure gk so sustained assault hurts that much more).
    a shooty inq with sages could help, a free shot will thin their numbers. alternitavely you could use somthing like sanctuary or an anti daemon pack inq.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason the list is as it is I wanted to get the expensive stuff early and buy stuff as I win.This is a map based campaign. You move spaces and win games to get points. The purpose of this list was I was next to 2 people that couldn’t kill my land raider so easy points. And the daemonettes player ran up in a few turns and attacked me.:cry:
    and thats why k.Only started with 750.
    "Die, but do not retreat." Joseph Stalin (1879 - 1953)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some people hat points heavy lists -i dont, thats why i went with the dh in the first place.....anyhow -bring some psycannons to bear on those ladies as they approach - enguage them first because they will be the first to hit your lines.

like i said, gety an anti daemon inq in there - an elite is cheep and useful elswhere too - a psycher would fill this role well, try:

elite inq
    bolt pistol, ccw
    scourging, and or sanctuary
    consecrated scrolls

and attach him to a unit if you give him only a single power or give him few acolites (naked) to soak up perils of the warp and a familiar.

sanctuary rocks low toughness daemons and sanctuary would be great if you put him very close to the unit he is most likely to target with the daemons - shoot shoot shoot then pop off sanctuary to screen them from the baddies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arizzar
    If you see a squad of bikers racing towards you, it may be prudent to retreat into cover. Cover will make you strike first against the daemonettes, and they cannot stand being hit since they have so low toughnes and save.
    This is the real key. Daemonettes don't have frag grenades (so their Warp Scream ability is useless if they charge a defender in cover). If your opponent has unsummoned Daemonettes, keep your units in cover until they arrive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

or a quick hellfire round from a vindicare assasin's rifle through the icon bearer's head should solve the problem in a jiffy.

That is why i like Vindicare assasins

Member Architect of the Penitent's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was readin this post, and i agree iwth you arishnakoger. not too many people use em but i love vindicare assasins in hihger points battles. especialy in a daemon summon situastion or something similer. the ability to take down any 1 model you want should NOT be squandered. if thats not your bag hug the cover tightly and prepare for hell. try getting a ranged inq with sanctuary near em and blast em all the way back to the eye of terror.

-The Architect of the Penitent
    -is working on [I]another[I] marine army :). not sure wich chapter or if im gonna make up my own chapter. If you blokes got any suggestions to make it interesting, send me a private message, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast