League Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: League Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

League Army

I am thinking about joining a local escalation league that is starting but have little experience setting up a viable army list as I have been slowly playing through the Battle for Macragge games and rereading the rulebook. I would be using the Ultramarines and was wondering if there were any suggestions as to what would be an effective "take all comers" force for 500, 1000 and 1500 points. Currently I was thinking for my starting army of using the following

HQ
    Reclusiarch with Master Crafted Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs, Terminator Honors and Jump Pack

Troops
    2x Tactical Squad 4 Marines, 4 Bolters 1 Missile Launcher
    Sergeant with Bolter
    Fast Attack
    Assault Squad with 2 Plasma Pistols and Melta Bombs
    Veteran Sergeant with Plasma Pistol and Power Fist

The Reclusiarch would be used attached to the Assault Squad to try and flank an opponent while the Tactical Squads would hold the line.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if you will need that much melta power in the assault squad. Leave them and go for extra marines instead. The powerfist should be enough i think. Otherwise good. I myself would probably have gone with tacticals all the way, but the style of play differs ofcourse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks good for 500 pts I would suggest though to possibly equip your assault crew with Frag grenades as opposed to Melta bombs. ou are generally not going to deal with anything much heavier then a few ork trukks at 500 unless someone seriously doesnt want to capture any table quarters and for that your ML and PP should be enough much less the meltas on your HQ

-I'm not surrounded, I'm merely in a target rich enviroment..-
    LO paint log
    Recent Stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Assault Marines come with Frag grenades but I should have listed them. If I drop the Meltabombs from the Assault Squad I have enough points for 1 more Tactical Marine. Thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

are you talking 500 points or 500 point combat patrol?

500 points hmmmmm depending on your opponent try not to take too many different units with an assault squad they will be out on there own dying in CC but with 2 and some scouts or marines you can easily get in their quick with ure scouts and marines becoming magnets. dont vary too much stick to one type.
    The commandments of the space marines
    1) thou shalt not put a 'honk if u think im sexy sticker on the sisters rhino
    2)C-3P0 is NOT a necron ambasador
    3) thou shalt not ask a banshee, to karaoke
    4)thou shalt not ask the inquisition to bring down the exterminatus on you ex-wife

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

frag grenades come standard. Maybe drop your chappys master crafted plasma pistol and get some more marines. Or drop a tactical squad in favour of some scouts?
    Your Signature:

+ Reply to Thread