Add a Tank or two or not? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Virginia Beach Va, USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

8 (x1)

Add a Tank or two or not?

Currently I am running a 1850 list with 75 models, Dread, Whirlwind, and a Destructor.
    My troop composition is 2 ten man scout squads (1 cc, other mixed ranged), 4 tactical squads (2x9, 2x5) and 2 Assault squads 1 sans jumppacks, plus a 7 man dev (4ml).

I'm finding all too often my Destructor is blown away first turn as its the only tank my opponent has a shot at. Whirwind is tucked behind something. Hence here's my question, should I cut out one of my squads and use the points to add more armor to my list, or just cut out the Destructor entirely and add another Dev squad.

I've got a butt load of armor to choose from, 2 landraider's, 4 rhino's, and 2 razorbacks (TLLC). Mostly I've decided that the Landraiders are too much of a fire magnet, and I don't see much need for the Rhino's as I play a fairly static shooter army.

breath, sight, squeeze.

now double tap just for grins

and Another One bite's the dust.

A bolter round for all that oppose the Emperor.

2. Remove Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Where the sun burns in a crimson light
    0 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

251 (x8)

Devastators would be a good replacement for the predator (especially as you can make half the squad a meatshield).

Land raiders are cool (I swear by mine) but they aren't always worth it so a devastator squad is probably your best bet.

+ Reply to Thread