How much faith do you use? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

How much faith do you use?

I play Black Templars and I'm working on adding some WHs to the mix as allies. I've already decided which units (primarily SoB squads and possibly a Heroine) would fit in well to begin with. what I'm trying to decide now is how many faith points I want to put in. I did a quick search and didn't find anything, but I apologize if this has been discussed to death.

My original plan was to field a squad of sisters, along with a Cannoness, to march along with my tanks. However, this yields 3 (6 with Matyrdom) faith points, plus an additional AoF if I was to buy Litanies of Faith. I'm honestly not sure if I'd ever use all of those points with only one (possibly two if I was to split off the Cannoness at some point) unit to spend them on.

So, does this sound like an excessive amount of faith to have? This is the sort of thing that I can fine tune without changing my models so it's not that big of a deal, however I thought I'd ask around first.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Well, you can't have less, and you are not paying for them, so why not? At the worst, you can burn them to have INV save every turn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

ok I have 7 faith points plus littanies in my standard 1500 points army, this has 5 faithfull units, one of which never uses faith.

Point is with Faith that you tend to, particularly in smaller armies brun it in one go.
    In the example you give, you are marching accross the field so you may want at least one round with inv saves. When you get there you are gonna want at least one round of shooting at AP1, then probably inv saves in the ensuing combat. You can forget the marterdom rules as they wont come into play until your single unit is dead!

I would recomend splitting off the cannoness, making her a character hunter, give her a jump pack, cloack of St A, a blessed weapon and a bolt pistol or possibly an inferno pistol and littanies, see now you got a 2+inv save character with 4 attacks on the charge at STR5, that is gonna mess with anything short of a C'Tan, sure she will get pulled down, but that will recover the faith points you bruned keeping her save 2+

Your foot squad neds to be quite large, take a VSS, ideally give her an eviscerator so she can joint th ranks of hidden power fist and personnaly I would be tempted by storm botlers for the sqaud as however nice AP1 flamers are, you are foot slogging and it is gonna be difficult to get in range unless you get them a rhino

Following the free-range cannoness option, 3+ littanies is fine, otherwise just stick to 3
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Yeah, in the 3rd version of my army I have 7 off the get go. but when using SoB as allies you'll have less, but Cherdanine has it right, throw the Canoness as a deadly Sacrifice and let her faith fuel your foot squad.

Mike

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

I have 10 faith points in my tournie 2000pt list. USUALLY is enough
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

In a 2,000 point army I've had as much as 12 Faith.

There's no such thing as too much Faith!

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

I normally have 7 faith for most my army set-ups, I honestly have never run out of faith points. Could just be me but as much as faith helps it's not entirely needed, sisters form a nice fighting unit as they are. Of course i would take every oppitunity to burn space marines with flamers and "devine guidance", but thats coz i just don;t like the army ^^
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been rolling rather poorly on my faith tests so I need as much as I can get...I think I have around 7 points atm..

^click it for warhammer central^

Anime Clan. Join it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I take 5 Faith Points per every 750 army points, which is a bit on the high side.
    Each Battle Sister Squad should be allocated at least 1 Faith Point per squad, and any Jump packers or Heroines should be allocated 2 faith points per squad.
    Do not buy Litanies unless you have a specific purpose for it.

I really don't think that Sisters make much a contribution to Templars. Maybe some Basic Sisters with Bolters and Flamers to build up your body count and your midrange firepower.

Other than that, you should be able to hold your own without them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

I use 12 faith in 1850 as well as litanies and an Imagifer in most squads (to make sure my faith is reliable). It tends to work rediculously well, but I am spending 155 points on just faith upgrades, most of the time.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast