RHINOS worth it or not - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RHINOS worth it or not

hey guys this thread is gonna be about rhinos. 1st my conflict right now is should i take 4 mounted squads or 4 foot slogging squads yes or no and why. 2nd im takin 4 initiate squads if i mount i want to either config em 2 bolter squads with sp weapons and 2 ccws squad with sp weapons. or all ccws squads in the rhinos. 3rd whats your take on sm transports. rhinos razor backs and drop pods. whats worth it and whats not! lets fire up this discussion :argh: :spell: !!!

"be without fear in the face of your enemy, be brave and upright god may love thee, always speak the truth even if it leads to your death,and above all safe guard the helpless and do no wrong"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, this horse has been beaten enough. Try the search engine.

As far as the rhino's do what feel's right for your army, just know that they go boom very easy and with the entanglement rule some folks now feel they are worthless.
    On the Drop pod issue, on paper I like em, but havn't used them yet. I dont have the models and hate the soda can proxies.
    Razorbacks are a fairly expensive way to give a small tac squad a mobil heavy weapon but they are still very fragil and expload way to easy.
    breath, sight, squeeze.

now double tap just for grins

and Another One bite's the dust.

A bolter round for all that oppose the Emperor.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Everything i've seen, been told, or read in the rulebook would lead me to dump the rhino's. Far too great a risk of your expensive troops getting wasted by an exploding transport, or unable to exit it and dying anyway. The way forward would seem to be deep strike and drop pods if you want to get up close and personal.

Me, i'd rather spent the points on heavy weapons and blast the vile xenos scum before they get close enough to taint the air around me. That or extra marines, make the squads bigger.
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

If your going with rhinos then knowing the risks for them is gonna be a must. Countering those risks is very limited, to literrally a turn or two when your men are inside, but very much cheap and easy to do. Use of smoke launchers and extra armour will give the rhinos a better chance of surviving one turn at the very least, and playing on a 4 foot field with 6 inch depoyement means that you shouldn't have to much land to cross in the next turn anyway.

If your gonna mount the four then realise that those that survived after popping their smoke should proceed by walking the last of the distance while the rhinos speed ahead and form effective roadblocks or lines that hinder enemy line of sight. They die, they die, your opponent has wasted fire on them and done you the job of keeping models alive for another turn. If any survive then you got something to annoy your opponent with. therwise your troops should be in range to assault or just about to. Having escaped being shot at two times over one time.

BT's and cc are very predictable, but four rhinos worth of them is still hard to go up against and not be having a hard time when they can survive most of whats hitting them. Go for the four cc squads. 40 guys is always an evil amount of marines to be fielding...

Rhino: an effective transport amongst other things when you know what your doing with it.
    Razorback: a good way for a devestator squad to get five heavy wepons.
    Droppod: Ceramite herse, those who come out of it rarely live to tell the tale when they begin that close to their opponent and can only shoot. Also not always the best on helping when you need it when you do not have the favour of the dice gods.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

IMO, Rhinos are only worth it when you field a lot of other vehicles so that you can limit line of sight and use fire magnets.

For a little more info on how to use Rhinos: Rhino tactica
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

+ Reply to Thread