Dh Allies For Ig - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I currently own a 1500 pts IG army. Working up to 2000 pts, I was thinking about adding in some Daemonhunters. Right now im thinking 5 termies with inc. , and a GK grandmaster w/inc. , and holocaust. Currently i'm only using one hq and one elite choice so I won't have to compensate.

I mainly play cc armies like 'Nids, SoB and Dark Angels ( lots of assault troops and an Int-chaplain with a jetpack ) , so having some tough troops who can trade blow for blow is what im looking for.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, also in your experience what is the best psychic power ? Are psy-cannons better then taking an incenerator ?

Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the termies would be a good idea against assault troops and the GM will add in some extra punch to take out any multi-wound creatures or characters ('zapped' carnafex)

i don't really use any psychic powers but i would suggest holocaust, this is because of:
    a ) it can be brought by the squad and so won't make the GM too expensive (i think u can still buy it with a retinue)
    b ) it can really take out hordes
    c ) most of the other are only good against daemons

however, holocause may not be that effective against SOB and DA and so it may take some playtesting to see if it is worth the points

hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your plan is to have extra assaulting power then the Incins and Psycans will not pay for themselves cuz you might get a shot or two off then youll be in H2H and they will be useless AND the stormbolter is great for the times you will be shooting so you could put those point somewhere else (psycan is too expensive for an assaulting trooper if you ask me - its better off in the back of the army suppoting the assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 1500 IG army with DHs as ally.

I've thrown in a powered up grand master to take the enemy by surprise.
    This way, my opponents, when looking at my main army, will think that i'm going to outshoot them. Unfortunately, in turn two they'll hear the crackling from an improved com-system which says; you're clear for landing grand master :lol:

You might think about including an inquisitor as an elite choice with a couple of mystics. That way you won't be butt****** by your opponents deepstrikers.

To finalise. I agree with ccolinh. Don't by the psycannon or the incenerator. Instead by psycannon bolts for the stormbolter as it will become useful when you're up against deamons and tau shielddrones.

Closed Thread