Busting Tanks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Busting Tanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm contimplating starting up a sisters of battle army. I really have no clue of what any of them have or can do. I don't really want to buy a codex for them unless I'm dead set on playing them. What do they have that can bust tanks. Also what kind of squads do they have and what do they do. Just a general explanation if you could. Thanks very much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I could start spouting but the easiest answer is that the Codex for SoB is available on the GW web site on line for free, (it is both in the 40 K section and in the online store) so fill your boots
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tank Busting? Seraphim or the Exorcist usually seem to work well enough, but most of the units can take Meltaguns, which can be devastating too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Tank busting? not much. Our available heavy support options remain simple:
    Retributor squad with the option of up to four battle sisters with heavy wepons.
    Immolator but this is not to be used for tank busting unless equipped with twin-linked multi-melta and even then its normally a pieace of harry potter hog wash.
    The Exorcist which is the best option.
    And the seraphim equipped with melta bombs.

Normally I find the seraphim to be the best even though they normally can only handle the lighter vehicles. The way I work my sisters round on the table helps get my seraphim in position without being bruised too badly unless your up against dark eldar (or eldar) and those bastards always seem to catch me out on those terms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Harry Potter Hog wash? I am sure there is a joke there about witch hunters if I can be bothered, I would point out that the use of dominion squads and the regular use of metla guns in any squad can mean that tank busting is entirely possible if they get close

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sisters should at least be able to use leman russ tanks i think...
    The Guardsmen Legions, we fight for the freedom!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always found that a squad of Dominions, armed with three meltas and melta bombs, can dish out some serious punishment. Especially if they can be screened by an Immolator.
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

That is a big IF deciever, given the lack of armour, it is likely that imolators get downed very quickly, it is an option, but if you can get an inmolator that close, why not take a justicar patern and you dont need tghe dominion squad?

anyway my point is there are about 10 ways a sisters of battle army can take down tanks but they are all risky to the point that it ceases to be about tactical briliance or its execution and ends up as chance

Closed Thread