Scout company numbers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Scout company numbers

I am in the Process of "inventing" my own Ultramarine second founding chapter and am currently working on the scouts. I remember reading somewhere that the codex does not specifically limit the number of initiates in the scout company, but i cant find where. Am i making this up ? Does anyone know where this came from ? Its obviously not going to effect my army gameswise, only the background.

Any information would be very gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

That' is true the scout company does not have a predifined limit however i would imagine that most scout companys vary from anything from 50-150 scouts in the squad depending on availability of recruits, strength of chapter ,etc.

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Thanks, I agree. What i'm really after is the official article i got this info from. Just so i can use it in my fluff.
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

Senior Member I am the Monkey King's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its the article that details the organisation of a codex chapter. Unfortunately I have no idea where to find it because I have only ever read it online at an illegal site that I can't link to here because of the rules (which i agree with totally incidentally, they're there to stop the librarium being shut down, which would be bad). But you are right in thinking that there is no limit on the number of scouts ina chapter.
    Revenge is a dish best served with mayonnaise and those little cheesy things on sticks.

+++ Osric the Loopy, planetary governor of Corania (appointed 756.M41, removed from office by the Officio Assassinorum 764.M41) +++

Senior Member DominionWeaponsGroup's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -66 (x0)

yeah, i dont think they ever stop recruiting for the scout company. they just die so much, and the few that live become space marines
    Take life seriously, its lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi,

dont know if it helps but ion UK white Dwarf 312 is an article over scouts and it states:

"the Codex Astartes places no limit on the number of scout squads that may compromise the 10 th company, although in practice few Chapters have more than 10 at any one time"

The quetsion is, how large are these squads....

Good Hunting!

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Doctorains of war are often unrealistic. It would be foolish to think that all space marine chapters have exactly 1000 space marines at one time. Or they they simply stop recruiting at 1000 marines. Because of the recruitment methids in which thounsands join, but only the smallest number are actually excepted into the chapter, the range of warriors who are space marines probably could fluctate as much as plus 200, and sertianly after a large campain numbers could horrifically reduced. The amount is up to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar
    methids in which thounsands join, but only the smallest number are actually excepted into the chapter
    Actually marine chapters recruit pretty slowly. They only select the most suitable candidates to begin with, and of those who are implanted at least half HAVE to survive since otherwise their numbers would gradually decrease (since each marine only has 2 progenoid glands)

Quote Originally Posted by elfwarden
    The quetsion is, how large are these squads....
    Probably 10 scouts (including sergeant) to begin with, and less as time goes on...
    Last edited by Tubal; January 23rd, 2006 at 17:51. Reason: added stuff
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

+ Reply to Thread