Golden Demon squad entry - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Golden Demon squad entry

For the upcoming Baltimore Games day, I want to enter a squad of 6 Dark Angels and a Razorback. One of the Marines will have the DA Plasma Cannon and the Sgt. will be one of the DA vet. sgts, the ones with the robes, and will have a combi-plasma gun from the commander sprue. All of the marines will have the metal DA shoulder pads. The Razorback itself will have the Forge World doors and front plate and a lascannon. If there is anything else, icons, etc., that anyone can think of that I could put on to make the squad stand out more, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mount it on a senic base, and have the razorback running over some guys painted according to the color scheme of one of your more difficult opponents

Have corpses of that sort of enemy with holes bored into them that look like they were shot with bolters. Then have the squad weapons smoking or with muzzle flash.

That could sure make your guys stand out.
    Where's your Baritone Saxophone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hull-down

You could mount the razorback on a ramp, or an obstacle ... have the front crushing some barbed wire/chaos marines ... or whatever you please, with the back substantially lower.

You'll have to get/cut an extra turret ring, so you can raise the lascannon about a quarter inch ... that way the cannons can still face forward even though the front of the vehicle is higher than the back.

With the vehicle raised, you can open the side doors, and model the emerging marines in dynamic poses ... you know, the guy coming out of the door can have one foot in, one out, with his bolter down at his side, and one hand on the railing. The next guy can be on the ground, getting his weapon up, and the third guy can be in cover. Other three guys could be on the opposite side.

I just think the vehicles look better when they aren't level. Level vehicles look very static.

If you are not into converting the ring, then have the front of the vehicle very low, and the rear higher. elevate the gun so it points forward and have your six marines bailing out of the back ramp.

IMHO

Sabre
    Comfirmed Disciple of Chaos

Rogue Angel: "Meet da Chaos Lord"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done banner/s also work quite well. Either a tattered remains of your foe's or a Dark Angel one.
    "There are three kind's of people in this world:
    -Those that can count. - And those that cant"

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Well, putting all the guys in DA robes is cheap and easy way to make the guys look great, however, coverting the robed modeleds, into postions above would require a lot of work, and a lot more skill.

Id put a gun sight and strap on the sgts combi plasma. Id also give one of the 6 dudes another plasma weapon. As DA have the most lavish suppies and acent weapons. You might also consider giving the Sgt a powersword, perhaps sling it on his back.

Im not exactly sure what your intend the squad to be doing.. But if there where a stroon of dead chaos marines, and one painted jet black, except the for his shoulder pad, barring the mark of a fallen dark angle. That might win the hearts of some judges. Although, finding a fallen is so rare that others might not like it.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

For the razorback turret, you could convert it to have the old Lascannon and Co-axial TL Plasma Gun setup. Not codex legal anymore but I feel it fits in with the DA background very well and will probably be one of the changes when a DA codex comes out.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Lol, Co Axial weapons are awsome.

I wish dreadnoughts have loads of Co Axail plasma guns, Example:

TLLC, Co Axial Plasma gun.

Rocket luancher Co Axial assault cannons.

*Drool*

And maybe a multi tracker.. stolen from tau w00t!

Couple of halo fields...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

Also add combat damage and weathering to both the vehicle and the sqaud, if the terrain is muddy then don't forget to add this as well to the models on it.

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of having 2 or three chaos marines, 1 of which being a fallen, kind of crushed to the side of the razorback's path. I was planning on having a marine coming out if the back of the Razorback, and the others arrayed in standard battle formation. I will be putting some battle damage on the models, not too much as I think that it draws away from the paint job on a whole. About Dreachon's comment, I didn't even think about the mud on the robes, so thank you. I think that I might have the Razorback propped up on 1 side at an angle to the rest of the board and then slightly converting the Lascannon so that it can cover the squad as it comes out. Thanks for all of the replies.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put some dead guys killed from the plasma gun on the ground to me as long as there is something dead or dying on the ground should win.HEHE IAM SICK!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast