N00b Blood Angel - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo
    I want to start up a BA army, one that gets in really close and relies on CC a lot. I know this is where the Death Company comes in handy, anyone got any advice other than that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Welcome to the honoured ranks of the Blood Angels brother, first off get a Chaplain. Forget the others a chaplain is needed to keep the Death company in line, also he's a badass in combat.

After the HQ is sorted the Troops is now either you rhino rush them all, or you RR some and have some as support. I always have one (or more) in a rhino, armed with frags, a flamer and a vet serg with power weapon. This is the punch, they are more than capable of taking on most enemies. Then I have another that stays back with a Plasma Gun and a heavy weapon, these give covering fire as much as possible (ie when they're not legging it forward). Another choice is scouts. While they might not seem like much, they are. They can last in combat and they can be a tank hunter force (krak grenades, vet serg with melta bombs) and then pile into combat from the rear or flank. Or you can have a normal scout squad and have heavy weapons like Sniper rifles or heavy bolter.

Then the fun stuff, the assault squad. This is almost an essential in any SM force, but even more so in a BA one. These allow you to get into combat quicker, and thus to where you will excel. Again I usually try to get to units, one tank hunter (melta bombs, 2 plasma pistols, vet serg with power fist), and one to take on infantry (2 plasma pistols and vet serg with power weapon). These will do their jobs then dive into combat, where needed.

For elite you can either have another (better) assault squad, with a special weapon or terminators/veterans or a dreadnought. The choice is yours, but I like a Furiosio dread with smoke launchers, and a termi squad with assault cannon or heavy flamer. But I have have thought about Vets in a Razorback, they would be able to get there quickly, lend their combat skills while their transport takes on whatever the weapons are best against.

For heavy support I either take a dread with lascannons or assault cannon. But a Baal Predator can wack out some serious firepower, as can the other two variants. I'm not sure about devastators because they could end up every turn legging it forward (with bad rolls). And I would only take a Land Raider with termies or a command squad, just to make sure they make it across.

Hope I've helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! thanks for that!
    i will be gleefully slaughtering the oppostion in no time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Eek - Get a chaplain - but get one with a jump pack, then all your death coy get a jump pack

troops - ok these guys have a nast habit of moving if you have a heavy weapon ion the squad, so for troops with BA I usually use:

Either 6 man marine squad with a flamer and Razorback with TL las cannon (these are your primary anti vehicle things)

or large scout squads equiped for close combat, in either case the actual guys for the second wave of assult troops

FA- yeah assult squads, more jump packs woo woo

Elites: try and avoid spending points on termies - the jump packs are expensive already, if you must consider dreads

HS- OK you got fire support from your razorbacks, if you want more get a pred or possibly a whirlwind, dev squads are a definate nono

then you can get really excited when you descover what you can do with a honour gaurd, jump packs and power weapons
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Templar are an alternative and in my eyes superior in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what you do. Take all the lists you read here (mine included) and pick the things everyone recomends(then pick what you think you need). Dont to black templar, or i will shoot you with my master crafted bolter/melta gun.

Take
    chaplain with the jumper packs and death guys with jump packs

1 furioso
    1 terminator
    1 veteran assualt

Enough troops and stick all in rhinos (or razorback if there small)

1 landspeedder tornado
    Assualt troops

And a baal predator and/or dreadnough with lascannons.
    Back from a long adventure.

Closed Thread