Allied GKs- The Anti-Ork - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Allied GKs- The Anti-Ork

Wow.
    GKs are powerful against Orks.

A very good Ork player (who always reads my mind and creates a list that I am not ready for) has beaten me 4 for 4. The third was very very close, and finally, on the 5th game, I tied. Were it not for my mistakes, I would have won.
    Why?
    Thanks very much to 10 GKs who:
    1- Pumped Stormbolters into the Orks for 3 turns,
    2- Got charged by a Dred and immediately crumpled it up like an empty beer can,
    3- Got charged by another squad of Orks with a Nob, and killed ALL of them.
    4- Attacked a vehicle with Meltabombs.
    5- Never broke the whole time (of course)

The all Stormbolter is very nice tooling for Orks, plus the 2X Str6 in CC is also very helpful.
    I should have painted them gold, because that is what they were worth.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

agreed, i use a squad of 8 grey knight termies w/ 2 psycannons to give fire support and give me the cc support my list desperatly needs.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring
    agreed, i use a squad of 8 grey knight termies w/ 2 psycannons to give fire support and give me the cc support my list desperatly needs.
    General, you should consider a DH Inquisitor with a psycannon in the place of one of the GKs taking one. The Inquisitor will lend an extra wound to the squad, and you effectively get a free stormbolter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you take gk termmies out right? or do they count as allies? I was wondering and the thought of taking them is tempting... just curious.

^click it for warhammer central^

Anime Clan. Join it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Navnlos Sjel
    can you take gk termmies out right? or do they count as allies? I was wondering and the thought of taking them is tempting... just curious.
    GK Termies count as an Elite, and a GK Hero (Grand Master or Brother-Capt [Don't take!]) and his retinue of Termies count as an HQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

You have a few choices: For an HQ unit, GK Hero (Grand Master or Brother-Captain), with or without GK Terminator Bodyguard. For Elites, a Brother Captain with GK Terminator squad. The Brother-Captain is identical in both the HQ & Elite versions - just a one-wound squad leader, really. The Grand Master is terrifying, but is almost 150pts without any additions - but this guy doesn't really need any upgrades except the Icon of the Just, which improves his Invulnerable save by one.

I'd put one psycannon into the GKT unit (not on the squad leader), and take one of the *free* Thunderhammer/Storm Shield upgrades (in case you encounter high AV vehicles). Don't bother with anything else, really. GKT cost as much as a Rhino already, and they come with great weapons and abilities.

Also, a squad of about 6 is all you need. More than that and you're just putting too many points in one place. And there are few things that a 6-man GKT unit cannot take down in a round or two. If you have the points, dedication, and cash enough for more than that, take a second squad - since the HQ unit made of a BC & GKT costs the same as an Elite unit of BC & GKT, you can take two of them without any issues.

+ Reply to Thread