Getting the most out of my HQ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting the most out of my HQ

A while back I converted and painted this guy...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ate/pic030.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ate/pic029.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ate/pic028.jpg

Here's the thing; a lot of the recent topics are about terminators and HQ with 2 LCs and even though I like this model I find him hard to use effectively in games. I like to field him, he looks cool and can dish out his share of pain.

I am wondering whether to use him as a Captain/Master or as the sgt for my shooty termi squad that has either 2 cyclones or 2 assault cannons. I would rather him be a HQ and not the sgt, but how does he get into CC ASAP and make his points back? Here are my options, which one would you choose?

A. Footslogging him with 4-6 termis (2 assault cannons OR 2 cyclones)
    B. DS him with a 4-6 termis (2 assault cannons)
    C. Use an infiltrating CC scout squads teleport homer for just him
    D. Use an infiltrating CC scout squads teleport homer for him with a 4-6 termis (2 assault cannons)

My vote is C. This way it's not overkill and he can help out the scouts that will be in CC fast and since they infiltrate, I can position them near units that would not pose much of a threat to my HQ...ie, devastators.

P.S. I have no LR or LRC

...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

i'd definetly go with d. except go with a termie command squad. this will allow you to take hits and only the command squad will be taken out, except for template weapons . baaaaaaad.

Remember, if someone helps you with anything, REP THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Lyran View Post
    "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

There is another possibility, put him in a Land Raider.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor
    There is another possibility, put him in a Land Raider.
    just said he had no LR or LRC... ;p
    4 termies, 2 w/assault cannons sounds great if you want to use him. I dont find termies or lightning claws to be particularly effective, but thats just me. He does look pretty cool though... He could be very fun in a See but don't be Seen, Be Swift as the Wind, Flesh over Steel army... ;p

lightning termies are blech. no offense, but i don't like em, as p-fist and storm bolters are great, esp. when compared to thunder hammer and storm shields...

However, IMHO, I wouldn't use him xcpt as a display peice. A Librarian w/Jump Pack, Power Wep, B pistol, etc or w/bike, artificer, power wep, b pistol, etc can be quite beastly, ditto for chaplains.
    If it's not funny, I will remove it. Stand Warned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, he doesn't really fit in with my pure codex army. When I bought him and made the conversion I had in mind that he lead the termis (of course) into hand to hand combat.

The reason for this was that once the unit started to take casualties from shooting I would first remove the sgt with power sword and then start to remove furthur termis with powerfists. When the unit reached CC my HQ with 2 LC's would get 4-5 attacks at I5 before my enemy would attack, and THEN the powerfists would start swinging. Sounds like a good strategy right...?

I guess DS him with the unit or teleporting them would work well with this strategy only if they avoid template weapons the turn they land. Am I tactically missing something here or does this sound good?
    ...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Unfotnatly, there isnt one, unless you scale your games up to about 3000, at least 2250.

Then you can field a LRC, assault termintors, with HQ, but your HQ would need to be given a rosarious. And converted into a chaplain, for point effectiveness.

Run them up in this huge tank. And hope its not killed.

Start the cursader out of LOS. Then ove up 12 inches and pop smoke. Finally then launch assaults. Sometimes furious charge is nice to have on the assault termintors.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only other HQ effective with LCs, is a again a chaplain led assault squad. Again giving this squad a trait, (furious charge) can be nice. The LCs on the chaplain help make up for his 4s, instead of 5s, and everything strikes at I5.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like your termintors, with assault cannons, id suggest you field a librarain HQ, with fear of the darkness, 5 total men, so you can fit in a drop pod. This squad is uber devistating to shooty armies, like IG, Eldar, tau. It combines nice anti horde with good strenth for elites, and just about everything has to think twice before assault this squad.

Just remember this squad needs support somehow, and dont field them against orcs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a friendly game coming up soon and I think I'll use him on his own homing in on my scout squad. I think it would play silly mind games with anyone.

Once I paint my termi CC arms then he'll have a purpose, thanks

+ Reply to Thread