Mobile Warfair - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Mobile Warfair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a lot of the battles I have, whomever advances gets wiped out by whoever is dug in. If I hold my force still, I get to shoot at my aponent while they advance with very little retaliation. if I advance, I dont really get to shoot back, and im getting blown apart. At the same time, Sister Mel stated in another thread that one of the most important objectives in a cleanse mission is the center of the table, because you can fire at every thing on the board, and you can move to ocupy any table corner. How do I become more mobile if my troop choice cant get a rhino? I have tried deploying empty immolators and putting two squads of sisters(6 each) in them, but the strength of the sisters is numbers and good equipment(not quite a mob army but not as expensive as space marines) aditionally inside the immolator only 3 girls can fire and the tank really only gets to fire if I get close enough( but I want to grab the center and dig in dont I?) fighting from the tanks doesn't seem to work, but I cant advance or grab the center!

Also, what else could I do instead of run for the center? If thats a winning strategy, then my aponents will all adapt to excell in that strategy. I can forsee things turning into such a well thought out and rituallized system built on the same strategy that the only deciding factor in the game is who goes first. So if I can get a hold of other Idea's I can mix things up and make it harder for my aponents to prepair for my sisters army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Hmm Your whole problem is this:

SoB is not a mobile army

It is not even an army in the conventional meaning of the term, it is an internal security force more akin to the Russian MVD

The nature of a 40K army is defined by its troops. FA, HS, Elites and HQ can be used to give it a slant, bolster it or give it options, but essentialy the troop choices define it.

For SoB you only got 2 choices and they are both foot sloggers. I was surprised with a statement you made in another post about SoB not being a mob army, the reason SoB is not usualy played as a mob army is the cost (money not points) involved, I would happily take 120 redemptionists for 500 points if I bought them and had a time warp in which to paint them.

However, the nature of most SoB armies are slow moving and short ranged, this makes them quite ineffectual in open battles although the cheapness (points) and powered armour does give them some resiliance and makes tham awesome in city fight.

In the ideal world Sob get into protracted fire fights at about 12", at this they excel, their lack of transports however means they struggle to get into this range so there is a tendancy to want to spread them thin on the ground so you got most areas covered, this can be a mistake as it allows your opponent to take you appart peacemeal, it also exadurates the other problem which is that your opponent usualy has more sense than to stand 12" away and try and outshoot you.

There is no easy answer to the problem, hence SoB are not easy to play
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... yes, the sisters arent very mobile. thats more and more evident. But I still need to mobalize them. For facing orks, tyranids and dark eldar(if I nock them out of their transports) I can just hold still and let them TRY and attack us. but that cant be done against shooty armies. The more I analize the problem, the more things look like regimented combat. The more I look at that, the more I, as much as I hate the sob's becoming a mob army, have to agrea that we depend on vast numbers. Perhaps if I screened with one squad in front, and had all the others behind them, on squad could act as a wall for all of the others. but then would the sqauds behind them get into position vast enough before whomever is in front is destroyed? even then, I mgiht get in more trouble by having one squad reach the front lines at a time.
    I know we arent meant for battles. We are ment for dealing with unorganized cult upsergents underneeth hiveworlds, where flamers can kill everythign in the hallway, and bolters, an assault weapon are Ideal for turning a corner and gunning down heretics as they charge through a room. On the open battle feild we just dont have a place. Never the less, im not going to just curl up and die just because I am in a 4,000 point game and my aponents, chaos and tau and imperial guard, outrange me and I cant return fire before the second, third or fourth round because the tables 8ft X 8ft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK well the screen does work, its bigest problem is when faced with withering fire, particularly from template or ordinance, on a large table, but grin ab bear it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doesn't sound like good advice to me, although im thankfull for getting any . screening you say? allright, how about this then. Is it better to bunch up my army, so that I can deal large amounts of damage with mass bolter fire, also taking large amounts of mass ordinance damage, or is it better to spread out. The later meens that I take less casualties from ordinance and other templates, but I don't have the same ability to deal massive bolter damage. I suppose it goes better by situation, but what do you prefur?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

I prefer to bunch, but this is untenable when you are being peppered by ordinance and have no long range anti armour to give you any hope of resolving the problem.

There is not easy answer which is one of the reasons why Sisters are not a popular army, you can not pidgeon hole them acuratley

Closed Thread