The Raptor chapter, questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Raptor chapter, questions

hello,

i enqounterd the Raptor chapter. They are a second founding chapter from the raven guard and specialyse in surgical strike and jungle warfare.

I have some questions:

-Which traits are best used for them? (i thought at "see but don't be seen" and "flesh over steel", but what other trait is best to accompany this?)
    -Does anybody knows more information about them, (i only know they sat for several years on a death world)
    -Any painting and moddeling tips?

i would really appreciate the help, i am still fighting over what SM chapter i would like to play, this could really help me.

again, thanks a lot

elfwarden

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member I am the Monkey King's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the best I can do, its got quite a bit.
    Revenge is a dish best served with mayonnaise and those little cheesy things on sticks.

+++ Osric the Loopy, planetary governor of Corania (appointed 756.M41, removed from office by the Officio Assassinorum 764.M41) +++

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

termies

as i re-call there are terminator convershion kits for the raptors on forge world. They look really cool incorporating salamder-like scales and their chapter sign. I know a bit about Rg but not raptors. Id go for dragons as basic modelling base and use salamder transfers for them too.
    The commandments of the space marines
    1) thou shalt not put a 'honk if u think im sexy sticker on the sisters rhino
    2)C-3P0 is NOT a necron ambasador
    3) thou shalt not ask a banshee, to karaoke
    4)thou shalt not ask the inquisition to bring down the exterminatus on you ex-wife

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Yay another fellow succesor chapter from the RG (I have Ravenclaws with like 30 assault marines)

Traits? It depends on what units u plan on using mostly. Infiltrate is really good but it does mean u plan on assaulting with basic troops (or at least rapidfire)

flesh over steel is obvious but u need two traits to have a major divergent setback.

Another trait to accompany infiltrate may be
    * take the fight to them if u plan on using close combat squads
    *furious charge if you have assault marines (or blessed be the warriors if u have like 30+ with landspeeders to help)
    *cleanse and purify if u like plasma guns in your infiltrating rapidfire squads*
    *trust your battle brothers can help if u plan to shoot them to death with rapidfire and wait for them to come to u....it doubles your close combat attacks and lets u countercharge to get extra ones in. Costly and you have to be on the defensive with your infiltrating squads for it to work but it can pay off if the enemy assaulting u cannot rip through power armor easily*

forgeworld has a bunch of stuff on the raptors but try and customize your units with your own stuff. unique power weapons are always interesting.....one of my assault marines has a holy powerstaff made from some green stuff and a banner pole from the command squad.

lightning claws look cool on raven guard/successor chapter armies as it maintains the theme of birds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as you may be able to tell from my name i also collect raptors.

to be in keeping with there background it would be write to make them fast attck orrientated but as far as traits go i have gone with the raven gaurds own set as they are very simular chapters in the way they opporate.

to find out background knowledge about the raptors i also found the website mentioned earlier in this thread but alas i found a wealth of inforemation about there dealings and history in "The battle for armegedon" book realised by GW. i have also just learnt from my store about a new book from forge world that has alot more in it.

as has also been said forge world have some gourges raptors stuff rhino & landraider doors and the termie stuff.

i will try and gettsome pics to you of what they look like on my mods and i will try to find the name of the FW book.

i hope this helps a little bit anyway. they are a great chapter,good look.

thanks

raptors
    (bring the Emporers rath quickly to the alien scum)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

The FW book is Imperial Armour 3 - The taros campaign, as 55 quid rather expensive for some fluff

Raptors have had 2 colour schemes, the one shown and a rather bizare blue and yellow one
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine
    The FW book is Imperial Armour 3 - The taros campaign, as 55 quid rather expensive for some fluff

Raptors have had 2 colour schemes, the one shown and a rather bizare blue and yellow one
    i totally agree £55 notes is steap.

regarding your paint post they have the blue and yellow as a standard colour but for night fight and jungle war fair they use a mixture of browns & greens with a cammo green highlight.

the night fight armour as you can see fromm my speeder is my MUCH preffered option but i went for a cat green with cammo green high light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I could be completely wrong but I was of the impression that GW in the early days had presented the blue and yellow scheme as raptors but it was subsequently changed around the time of the fire warrior PS/PC game, principly becaus ethe blue and yellow one looks rather silly.

I got bored with painting a lot of a single colour once (dont recall when) and did a raptor on a bike in the blue and yellow colours, blended the hell out it, but wouldnt want to do a whole army that way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got bored with painting a lot of a single colour once (dont recall when) and did a raptor on a bike in the blue and yellow colours, blended the hell out it, but wouldnt want to do a whole army that way
    you are correct it used to be blue and yellow then they changed it to the night fight colours and then recently published the how to paint SM's guide and they were back to blue and yellow again which promted me to phone GW up and ask the qeustion what the hell is going on, as i had just spent all this money on the rhino and LR doors and painted them up.luckly they put me through to some one who rights alot of BG fluff and he said that for the codex Armegedon and the old SM codex they were given jungle war fare PA as there normal B&Y wasnt approriate for the missions they were going on.

id love to see some pics of the biker if you have any

thanks

raptors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

Dont have any piccis, currently he is sitting in my top draw with his arms off!

It sounds to me like you got the "off the top of my head" explanation, i dont thing it was that thought out when the change was made, but it makes sense as an explanation so that's OK.

One thing I would say is talk to someone with IA3, they may be able to tell you considerably more without you havign to buy IA3. There is, in the IG army list forum, an Elysian list, the creator clearly has IA3 and can give you advice on its content re raptors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast