Starting S-wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this good?

SpaceWolf BattleForce (10 Grey hunters, 10 BloodClaws, Rhino, 3 Bloodclaw bikes)
    10 Blood Claws
    1 Venerable Dreadnought
    1 Runepreist
    5 Terminators
    1 Land radier
    5 Long Fangs

Sound good?
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two words MORE TROOPS. The wolves have some of the most specialized troops in the game which makes us kind of hard to plan. I would say, if you were the attacker or if you were fighting a heavy armor army go for more blood claws. If you were the defender, or are fighting masses of lightly armored troops like eldar or nids, take grey hunters.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? That's 30 Troops.
    Oh... And I'm going for fast army. With LOTS of Bloodclaws... I think I'm gonna go either 4 Blood claws and 1 Greyhunter pack. Or 5 BC and 1GH

But Really? That's 3 troop choices...

Oh.. And. How do I get a Wolf lord? Just get a SM Commander. and put a WolfHide Cape on him? Or is there a model?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

go find a model, any model, put some purity seals and pouches on him you now have a wolf lord, its that simple
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would try to have it a little more balanced with the grey hunters/blood claws ratio. maybe 2 grey hunter and 3 blood claw packs.

i made myself a really cool wolf lord using a chaos aspiring champ power fist and a wolf guard. all you really have to do is make him look distiguished and he's a wolf lord.

oh yeah, don't use the terminators or the land raider, waist of points in a fast attack army. go with speeders and bikes. like a squad of four land speeders (3 heavy bolters and a multi melta) and 4 bikes (3 blood claws and 1 attack bike with multimelta). and i'm guessing you want rhinos for speed so throw a leman russ in there with as many las cannons possible as a replacement for the long fangs. i love the long fangs but they aren't the quickest heavy support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you might want to consider a Lemann Russ exterminator tank. The only army that can take them now is space wolves, and with the new vehicle rules, its gonna be crawling death. Move 6 inches and fire 9 str 5 shots (3 heavy bolters)
    And SCOUTS!! you want SCOUTS. Space wolf scouts are some of the nastiest scouts in the space marines armies. when they are held as reserves, they infiltrate and ALWAYS, reguardless of scenario rules, come in on the opponents table side. that vindicator shelling your troops from accross the board, behind the ruined wall...boom...that basilisk the lost and the damned are using on you...bye bye. They are so sick, Hades created another level of hell for them. SCOUTS....SCOUTS!!!!

And sendego...long fangs are worth it. not only do they divide their fire between 2 targets, but you can put a wolf guard battle leader in there with them to give them a small chance in H2H.

"throw a leman russ in there with as many las cannons possible as a replacement for the long fangs" lemann russ can only take 1 lascannon. and it cant fire at 2 targets.. sure it can move and fire, but the long fangs are more tactically viable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop the termies, they arnt worht it in under 1500, get some blood claws with jump packs, 4 attacks on the charge with a 12 inch movement, ouch....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok...
    So this instead.

1 Ruin Priest (No Term armor)
    6 Wolf guards (No Term armor)
    Rhino to mount them in.
    6 Wolf scouts
    10 Grey hunters
    30 BloodClaws
    3 More Rhinos for the BloodClaws
    3 Bikes
    1 Exterminator
    5 Long fangs
    1 Vindicater.

I'm Thinking Vindicator Because it's main weapon is 24" range. So It'll move up with the rest of the force.

Tactics:
    I'm gonna go for a pincer movement.
    20 Blood Claws and the Vindicator go around too the left side.
    HQ Body guard ,3 Bikes, and the 10 Blood claws left, go around the right side.
    The Long Fangs, Exterminator, Wolf scouts, And Grey hunters. Move slowly down the center.

And later I might add some Land speeders.. But I can never get the tops on the bottom without a big gap in them...

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how many points is this? it doesnt look like 750, casue if it's more than that you need another HQ unit at least. this looks like it might be 2000ish points so i think you need 3 HQ.

remember 1 HQ for every 750 with the space wolf rules

i would get rid of the vindicator, scrap up some extra points and get a pair of whirlwinds. they have 48" guess which is awesome casue they stay behind things and shoot while the rest of the army charges.

that's alot of wolf guard for a body guard. usually two is pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok... This is what I'm askin for for Xmas.. And w/e I don't get I'll buy.

SW Codex
    1 RuinPriest in Term armor
    5 Termies
    20 Bloodclaws
    10 Greyhunters
    2 Rhinos
    3 Bloodclaw bikes
    1 Ulrik the slayer
    6 Wolf guard.
    1 Venerable Dread
    5 Long fangs

Closed Thread