Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
k im thinking about starting a deamonhunters but i dont want grey knights because ive already tried them before and found that they gud agianst some armies and totally suck aginst others(i.e tau and eladar and any other shooty army)
so that is why im foing to collect radicals,im hopefully going to model the inquisitor lord on possibly tyrus from the inquisitor game(i know hes a puritan but the model is amazing,and before anyone asks yes its going toi be in 40k scale),im going to try and give him a fairly decent size retinue and mount them in a land raider(not sure if its going to be a crusader or not yet,btw would it count as a heavy support if use as a transporrt upgrade)
i definatly want 3 deamonhosts,1 officio assassin,or 2 death cult assassins,and a inquistor,i also want maximum number of storm troopers but i will only mount any with meltaguns(i think im going to use cadian infantry models because im on a tight budget and there for i will get 2 units in 1 box plus i like the models and then ill take 3 orbital strikes to show that the inquisitor is an ucompromising son of a b*&%$ and will stop at nothing to get what he wants.
any advice would be extremly helpful and welcome
I have a couple of comments and suggestions.
(1) Grey Knights never suck, they can beat any army as long as you command them
Sorry had to get that out of the way.
(2) The Transport (Landraider) is part of the unit and i beleive therfore does not count as a heavy support choice.
(3) I am unable to locate any hard evidence but for some reason i feel you are not aloud to have 3 orbital strikes.
(4) From this plan it looks like you don't have any anti tank capabilities, This can be solved by giving some IST meltas, which i beleive you weren't planing on doing, and mounting them in a rhino or chimera or inducting fome gaurdsmen with heavy weapons or even some space marines.
That is all i have to say
First off, I suggest you get an allie of Witch Hunters, Imperial Guard, or Space Marines.Im pretty sure he's aloud to have 3 as long as you stick to the Standard Mission chart.(3) I am unable to locate any hard evidence but for some reason i feel you are not aloud to have 3 orbital strikes.
For your Inquistor HQ, I suggest making it shooty and placing them in a Chimera. Maybe give the Inquistor a Psycannon with 2 gun servitors, 2 sages, and 1-2 Acolytes.
Orb strikes are a 0-1 choice.
Good luck, pure radical demonhunters (oxymoron?) can be a very difficult army to win with.
I've never had issues against those armies with my pure GK list, oddly enough. But that's my own experience.and found that they gud agianst some armies and totally suck aginst others(i.e tau and eladar and any other shooty army)There is no Land Raider Crusader in the DH codex. There's a GK LRC, but that requires a GK Hero as an HQ choice. If you're playing radical, you're restricted to a regular Land Raider. And no, vehicles purchased as transport upgrades don't count as Heavy Support choices. In your case, you can't buy ANY LR's as Heavy Support choices, for the reason listed above (the only non-upgrade LR/LRC's are GK ones).im going to try and give him a fairly decent size retinue and mount them in a land raider(not sure if its going to be a crusader or not yet,btw would it count as a heavy support if use as a transporrt upgrade)
* Don't make your Inquisitor Lord (or any Elite Inquisitors) a combat unit - they really don't excel there, even with all the nifty things in our armoury. Use inducted SM, allied WH, Daemonhosts, and/or Assassins for your melee units.
* I really suggest bringing in an ally (WH) or inducted contingent (SM or IG). Stormtroopers by themselves aren't all that great, even for their cost. Sisters of Battle, for example, cost only a couple points more but come with power armor, bolters, and can take heavy weapons. Marines, well, are marines. Inducted Guard gives you bodies and heavy weapons (and a tank, if you so desire it).
Ahh yes I forgot. Thanks for clarifying that.Orb strikes are a 0-1 choice.
I thought about radical daemon hunters for a while the best advice i can give you is dont. they suck without GK support. Id saw you should try allying with Relictors. Makes a so much better army.
I'm making an Abhuman IG army with Radical Allies. I won't be using Daemonhosts, and my 'Inquisitor Lord' will really be a Grey Knight Grand master in disguise, because of the HELLA AWESOME STATLINE. And I can, because I won't use daemonhosts.
I'll probably end up sticking my Grand Master with some Subs and just charging into close combat.
I would ally IG, as mEGA suggested, because they're always good meatbags. Even one infantry platoon adds at least 25 meatshields (25-63 men PER troop choice) and some heavy weapons to your army at a modest cost (~200 pts). You can say that the IG are the makings of his own personal army to justify this, and you should have no problems. The main problem with DH is that they're usually pricey, and having some cheap IG units can even this out. Plus, for the cost of 5 GKTs, you can get 20 Ig models.
Just something to think about.
Originally Posted by Agate
well not all people llike using oveer powered superhumans that cost a bomb when all your playing against is eladar and they recover from the initial victory and take 7+ starcannons and more banshees etc