Chapter trait help please... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapter trait help please...

ok for my new chapter i don't think i'm gonna go with "be as swift as the wind". I'm just gonna use bikes instead of assault squads. Now i know i'm using the see, but don't be seen which is * pts/model. I like the trust your battle brothers which gives me true grit and counter attack for *pts/model but if i take both true grit, counter charge, and infiltrate my marines will be 21 pts/model. So my question is should i take the trait "take the fight to thme instead giving me 2 attacks at least but me missing out on counter charge...thanks.

Last edited by Chaosbrynn; February 6th, 2006 at 16:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

I'd take "Take the Fight to Them"...keeping your basic soldiers cheap is always a good idea. Range isn't a big deal with infiltrating troops anyway.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid
    I'd take "Take the Fight to Them"...keeping your basic soldiers cheap is always a good idea. Range isn't a big deal with infiltrating troops anyway.
    The only problem i have with that is what if i go up against a close combat army, do i not infiltrate and wait till they get close, then move towards them, shoot and assault?

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Your true grit/counter charge idea is good, but at 21 points a piece its not worth it (if you want that play the 13th company).

Infiltrate combined with counter charge is an awesome combination, it makes marines absolutely nighmares to shift in assault without using dedicated CC units.

Take the fight to them is good, but it works better in rhino armies (where everything has a transport) or possibly drop pod armies.

I say keep counter charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider
    Your true grit/counter charge idea is good, but at 21 points a piece its not worth it (if you want that play the 13th company).

Infiltrate combined with counter charge is an awesome combination, it makes marines absolutely nighmares to shift in assault without using dedicated CC units.

Take the fight to them is good, but it works better in rhino armies (where everything has a transport) or possibly drop pod armies.

I say keep counter charge.
    umm....if i take counter charge then i also have to take true grit at *points. They come together according to the trait which would make my guys 21 pts/model.
    Last edited by Chaosbrynn; February 6th, 2006 at 16:38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Yeah,I know (though I didn't say), I think it would be worth it if applied correctly, tactical squads in rhinos rushing up to jump out and rapid fire are lethal with that combination when the counter attack comes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah,I know (though I didn't say), I think it would be worth it if applied correctly, tactical squads in rhinos rushing up to jump out and rapid fire are lethal with that combination when the counter attack comes.
    oops...i understand now...but i still want to infiltrate though. Thats cheaper than taking rhinos for each squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

251 (x8)

Agreed, I suppose it come down to how you play, infiltrate is good but can't be used in all missions, which is a problem if you are making a generic list, rhinos can always be used but aren't as good as infiltrate.

It all comes down to how you play, footslogging is good, but its a lot easier with infiltrate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, I suppose it come down to how you play, infiltrate is good but can't be used in all missions, which is a problem if you are making a generic list, rhinos can always be used but aren't as good as infiltrate.

It all comes down to how you play, footslogging is good, but its a lot easier with infiltrate.
    ok...so do you think it will be terrible if i take both skills for 21 pts/model or will it do decent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

251 (x8)

It won't be terrible, it will be powerful, but you are making a list that will have some holes(even if you include a few tanks).

The reason I say that is as I play 13th company you get all the abilities (bar infiltrate), more attacks and a host of other abilities that make the awesome CC warriors, the lack of tanks hurt but it balances out the list. What you are proposing to do will make a list that is hard, but the strengths (IMO) won't outweigh the cost of the marines.

Its a very cool list and you should try it for friendlies down your local club/GW, but for any sort of competitive play its going to be a poor list.

Thats just my opinion anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast