Greater Deamons, Adversaries... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let us say a deamon hunters force is going up against a rogue/corrupted space marine detachment. let us also say that this rogue detachment of marines is accompanied by a greater deamon as per that little rule option in the back.

What I want to know is, can i use a deamon prince to represent a greater deamon and be semi-legit? I don't know much about greater deamons. I got the idea that deamon princes were chaos marines so corupted that they kind of burst out of their armour shell due their chaosyness. I think it would be kind of cool to go buy a deamon prince, maybe mod it a little bit, paint it up base as a dark angels, and then go crazy with the deamonic influence in painting and modding.

But is that, fluff wise, ok? Basically what is the nature of a greater deamon according to that rule and does this fit with that nature?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds fair enough to me! If your opponent complains, just hit 'em, they'll stop!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RT, sorry to break this to you but, no. Now that I've got that out of the way.

Deamon Princes are space marines so favored by their choas patron that they no longer qualify as being human. Greater Deamons use the body of a marine to break into the real world, and in doing so destroy the body of the marine.
    I think that pretty much covers it.

Uncle Jesse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Hmm I think not... the 40K Daemon Prince looks too much like a Chaos marine, and Greater Daemons shouldn't look like that. You could use a WFB DP though, or use very extensive conversion on either model.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my oppinion it&#39;s all a matter of the "counts as rule"
    If you covert a model properly an d use it as a Greater Deamon then I would have accepted it.

But other than that I would say no.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I would have to say perhaps, and with less conversion (though still some) than other people seem to be indicating, and here&#39;s why:
    The Greater Demon in the Demon Hunters Codex is not a particular Greater Demon from one of the powers, but more of a generic, yet original Greater Demon. It could be from one of the 4 big powers, but it could be from one of the innumerable lesser powers too, and who knows what their Greater Demons look like?

However, there would have to be some work done to indicate that this is not and never was a Space Marine (or for that matter any kind of human, since a DP doesn&#39;t have to be a SM). The main thing would be to make it clear that it isn&#39;t wearing power armor, so do things like ditch the back-pack and so forth.

I would have to say, though, that to represent the Greater Demon in the DH codex the best model would be, as Bornin mentioned, one of the WFB Demon Princes.
    &quot;Don&#39;t Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good.&quot;
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here&#39;s something to go by, look for the old special character deamon princes, they look pretty cool
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I don&#39;t think that it really matters which mini you use for the Greater Daemon. To be &#39;Legal&#39;, it jus has to have the mojority of the parts from GW minis, the rest can be a mixture of your own scuplts and other companies as well. They don&#39;t care if you create your own models, just don&#39;t use more parts from their competition than from GW.

If this isn&#39;t the case, why would htey have posted those neato kits on their webpage&#33;

Cheers,
    N0valoco

Closed Thread