Dreadnaught Drop pods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreadnaught Drop pods

Ive been looking for drop pods for the portion on my SM force that will deep strike in. I tried making them from scratch but that really didnt turn out. I then found some really good things to use for drop pods (since apparently forge world thinks were made of money<_< ). For our infantry squads such as tac squads I picked up some styrofoam take out boxes from my local supermarkert. You know, the kind that fast food places somtimes use to package burgers in. It snugly fits a 10 man tac squad, and looks pretty nifty too (imo). Then I hit a problem, how the heck am i going to drop pod my Venerable Dreadnaught into battle? Then it hit me, buy a set of burnable CDs, the kin that come in the stack on a spool. Remove the CDs and cut the spool stick out. Use some black plastic to cover i.e. small base. Im going to paint it black so it doesnt look like the dreadnaught is being dropped on a glass surrounded platform. Theres only one question that remains now, what to do with all those burnable CDs......:unsure:

-Please read the rules on sig image size-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sharpen the edges and go killing, ninja-style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I like your idea Here is another use foamboard and plastic cups. I have some really short and fat ones like an inch taller than the dread and a half inch wider in cicrumfrense. Then you use the foam board to put on the top to cover that indent that seems to be on all plastic cups and use some left over hardboard from your kitchen or go to a homedepot and ask if they have any that they plan on throwing away and you will take some off their hands and pay them a little if neccessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made my drop pods in a similar way. I used a cd as a base and glued an empty margarine tub on top (the 1# size). They turn out just big enough for dreads and plenty big enough for a squad of marines or termies. The cds and plastice tubs were easy to paint as well. A quick blast of black primer (I run BT) looks good. It is covers well and looks dull like you would expect of a pod that just got a blast of friction heat on descent from orbit. Sometimes styrofoam need a coating of white glue (or Mod Podge) to get the paint to stick without running.

+ Reply to Thread