Infiltrating army question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infiltrating army question

Can an all infiltrating army do good? I am wonder this because my new chapter is all infiltrtating. if you could give me any tips on how to play an all infilitrating army i would appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by IronFather0
    Can an all infiltrating army do good? I am wonder this because my new chapter is all infiltrtating. if you could give me any tips on how to play an all infilitrating army i would appreciate it.
    Well, I'm running an all-infiltrating devastator army.

TRAITS
    See but not be seen, honour your wargear
    We stand alone, flesh over steel

HQ
    Commander, combi-plasma, infiltrate, 83 pts
    Command squad x6, 2x plasma guns, infiltrate, 128 pts

ELITES
    Devastator squad x8, 4x missile launchers, infiltrate, tank hunters, 248 pts

TROOPS
    Tactical squad x5, plasma cannon, infiltrate, 110 pts
    Tactical squad x5, plasma cannon, infiltrate, 110 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Devastator squad x8, 4x missile launchers, infiltrate, 224 pts

TOTAL: 1847 pts

IF devastators can have infiltrate, then they will maximize their effectiveness by not having to worry about LOS or target priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, any troop may only take 1 veteran skill.

Also, I can be good, or bad. If you win the roll to infiltrate first, then your army is good, if you loose your army will suck. Also, if you loose and your opponet knows what he is doing, he can set his men up so you can't deploy outside of 12/18 inches, and you will have to come in as reserves. Also, only certain senarios allow inflitrate, so your army may not always be able to use it's special skill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Dingareth
    Where in any piece of GW literature does it say this?

Also, I can be good, or bad. If you win the roll to infiltrate first, then your army is good, if you loose your army will suck.
    Ok I have no idea what your talking about.

Also, if you loose and your opponet knows what he is doing, he can set his men up so you can't deploy outside of 12/18 inches, and you will have to come in as reserves.
    What are you talking about?

Also, only certain senarios allow inflitrate, so your army may not always be able to use it's special skill.
    Well, I'd have to say that about 99% of tournaments include infiltrating, so the advantages far outweigh the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x5)

No such rule.

If you win the roll to infiltrate first, then your army is good, if you loose your army will suck.
    Erm, you roll for deploying first, but infiltrators are deployed last anyway. So basically if your saying what I think your trying to say, it's really not going to make that much of a difference.

Also, if you loose and your opponet knows what he is doing, he can set his men up so you can't deploy outside of 12/18 inches, and you will have to come in as reserves.
    On a standard side board.... impossible. Even if you couldn't find the space to infiltrate, you'd just have to set up normally anyway, they wouldn't be reserves.

Also, only certain senarios allow inflitrate, so your army may not always be able to use it's special skill.
    In a tournament (where it's important) you generally will be able to infiltrate.

+ Reply to Thread