steel legion painting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

steel legion painting

Hey, I am starting an steel legion armored company.

I just did not find any information (besides pictures) about what colors are classically used to paint tank camo.

would someone have an idea?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

There are varrious bits on the GW site showing schemes, but for my money, the best source is IA1 which not only contains the full armoured coy rules (more than the GW site ones) but also has a section on camoflage, many excellent piccis explaining things and some new toys. I appreciate this is possibly prohibitively expensive but you need at least to get 20 mins to read the cammo section at the back
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

well it's all personal preffrance man. when i get my steel leigon ground pounder army done i also want to do an armored company. so im just useing the same colors that i have now. im useing darker colors. many a drak purple with blak splats on it and silver high light with the weapons red and gold. i know alot of people use more earth tones and nutral colors tho.
    If you do things right people wont be sure if you have done anything at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The traditional colors in the Armegeddon Codex are Fortress Grey basecoat with Rotting Flesh camo stripes.

Of course, paint them however you like...I have mine done in a winter camo paint scheme and snow on all the bases of my models.
    This message brought to you by The Council of People Who Are Sick Of Seeing More People.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Ylide is right about the official SL colors, but you're free to pick a scheme that you like.

I don't run an AC, but my Steel Legion list has 2 Hellhounds, 2 LRs, and 2 Chimeras, so it's pretty vehicle heavy. I went for a dark gray, like WWII German tanks and armored cars, with a little bit of highlighting. Most like the Urban Streets variation on this GW page: http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperialguard/tank-camo/3/

The "ash wastes" option on that page would also be suitable for SL, or any of the urban variants.

+ Reply to Thread